News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clandestino

Quote from: Liep on March 11, 2009, 03:00:15 PM
Also, it's always fun to see a Portuguese team getting their arses kicked. 12 - 1. :D

FU >:(

Liep

Quote from: clandestino on March 12, 2009, 03:28:51 PM

FU >:(

True, true. It takes a bit of the glory off when it's done by a German team, but still.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

bogh

In related news, AaB got a deserved ass-whooping by Manchester City last night.

So much for the "We're better than FCK, even if they are way ahead of us in the league"-bollocks.

Manchester City is presumeably MonkeyButts new favorite team, being well underway to having eliminated three Danish teams from European footie this year.

Liep

Yeah, it was a poor game. But hey, miracles do happens and all they need is a 2 - 0 win at home and then penalties. AND if it were to happen the entire population of northern Jylland would drink themselves to death and we'd be short of that problem. :P
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Ed Anger

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 12, 2009, 09:47:02 PM
Quote from: Cindy Brady on March 12, 2009, 02:25:57 PM

gay.
Why do you hate America and the legacy of 1776?

Did I say I hate America and the legacy of 1776? No I didn't. Try not to read too much into one word posts.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Liep

So Denmark beat Malta in a boring game, now we can only hope that Sweden and Portugal draw. But perhaps Hungary is our biggest rival for the top spot?

Iormlund

Spain beat Turkey in a pretty boring match. The Turks kept the pressure up for over half the game. They had a couple nice shots. Spain was harmless.
But in the end they ran out of steam more or less when a strategy play finished on their net, and the passing machine grabbed ahold of the ball. From that moment on the Turks didn't get a chance to score.

Liep

So Denmark wins again. This time 3 - 0 over Albania who didn't put up much of a fight.

Fun fact: Our topscorer plays in the French 5th division. :frog:

Iormlund

Turkey 1 - Spain 2.
The Turks scored on their first opportunity, when Spain was playing best.
Spain scored on their first opportunity in the second half, when the Turks were playing best.

Then, fucking 85 minutes late, that fucking piece of shit Torres was finally replaced by Güiza, who promptly assisted Riera for the winning goal. Stupid coach.

katmai

USA plays T&T tonight hoping to make up for the embarassment that was the El Salvador game.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Valmy

Quote from: katmai on April 01, 2009, 03:13:04 PM
USA plays T&T tonight hoping to make up for the embarassment that was the El Salvador game.

Embarrasment?  That was a glorious comeback!  Anyway at least the US kicked the crap out of Mexico...again.  It almost becoming a tradition now.

T&T shall go down.  We let them beat us in that meaningless match at the end of round three.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

It's hardly fair that we have to take on Trinidad *and* Tobago at the same time.

Liep

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 01, 2009, 03:34:39 PM
It's hardly fair that we have to take on Trinidad *and* Tobago at the same time.

This is true. It also makes for a really confusing game what with 33 players on the field.