News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legbiter

Quote from: Tamas on June 05, 2023, 07:41:31 AMI see rumours of Leopards on the frontline has started to spread on Russian Telegram.

Yeah.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

mongers

Quote from: mongers on February 25, 2022, 07:46:28 AM
Quote from: Syt on February 25, 2022, 07:43:29 AMAlso read that Sweden/Finland will discuss closer association with NATO.

Yeah, just love to see a brigade of US soldiers stationed near to the  Karelian Isthmus.

400 US troops with M2 Bradleys and Abraham tanks now conducting training exercises with the Finnish Karelia brigade near the Russian border: beautiful. :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 05, 2023, 03:00:19 AMI wonder if that's part of the goal with Russia. Provoking people to share videos or analysis to disprove what they're saying and providing them with more information? While also probably not diminishing the impact of the propaganda domestically, where, I imagine it's aimed.

I think some of that statement(propaganda) from the Russian MoD, might have been in response to Prigozhin rant, hence the odd comment about the chief of staff being on hand:

QuoteOn Monday, Mr Prigozhin again criticised Russia's military leadership, claiming that the Russian army had lost control of some of its positions around Bakhmut, describing it as a "disgrace".

He appealed to Defence Minister Sergei Shoigu and the chief of the general staff, Valery Gerasimov, to travel to the front line and rally the troops, who he claimed were quietly retreating.

"You can do it! And if you can't, you'll die heroes," he remarked.

Jacob

Quote from: mongers on June 05, 2023, 08:50:04 AM400 US troops with M2 Bradleys and Abraham tanks now conducting training exercises with the Finnish Karelia brigade near the Russian border: beautiful. :cool:

What a coincidence!

Also this is something we probably can talk about far and wide. No need to make a secret of the US and NATO operating right on the Russian border in a place that wasn't NATO territory until very recently.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: PDH on June 04, 2023, 07:33:27 PMSo you're saying none of that actually happened...

I'll try to translate from Russian military communique to probable fact

"From the morning of June 4, the enemy conducted a cautious reconnaissance in the South Donetsk area with a few platoons of infantry with the support of a $250 off the shelf drone and a guy with really good binoculars.

"In total, 178 soldiers were involved.

"The enemy's goal was to scout our defenses on the strongest, in its opinion, sector of the front. The enemy did not achieve its tasks, because the entire battalion manning that sector cut and run in panic before their position could be properly observed, leaving only a handful of soldiers who were too hung over to move.

"As a result of the clownish actions of the 'Eastern' grouping of troops, the losses amounted to all 178 soldiers of the enemy force, taken out of action through hysterical laughter.

"The commander of the combined group of troops - the propped up mummified corpse of V.I. Lenin - was at one of the advanced control points in this direction during this period. As expected he proved to be the most resilient and effective fighter in the force."
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Legbiter

Quote from: mongers on June 05, 2023, 08:50:04 AM400 US troops with M2 Bradleys and Abraham tanks now conducting training exercises with the Finnish Karelia brigade near the Russian border: beautiful. :cool:

Careful they don't accidently saunter over and retake Karelia or something.

mongers

Quote from: Jacob on June 05, 2023, 09:54:08 AM

What a coincidence!

Also this is something we probably can talk about far and wide. No need to make a secret of the US and NATO operating right on the Russian border in a place that wasn't NATO territory until very recently.

Jacob, there's more about the wider NATO Finnish exercises here:
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/5/31/nato-launches-arctic-exercises-pledges-protection-of-finland

Haven't found a link to the report about the Karelia part, but good to see they're 'stretching' the russians with exercise right up into the Artic. :cool:

mongers

Quote from: Legbiter on June 05, 2023, 10:47:10 AM

Careful they don't accidently saunter over and retake Karelia or something.

Leggy here's the link to the yesterdays news report:

Legbiter

Official muscovite channels are saying all Ukrainian attacks have been repulsed with heavy enemy casualties. So don't be surprised if the vatnik lines completely collapse in the next few days.  :hmm:

crazy canuck

Quote from: Legbiter on June 05, 2023, 12:09:33 PMOfficial muscovite channels are saying all Ukrainian attacks have been repulsed with heavy enemy casualties. So don't be surprised if the vatnik lines completely collapse in the next few days.  :hmm:

Positioning themselves to blame others for defeat when the offensive does start?

Barrister

If anyone finds any reallt good reports of what's happening I encourage you to post it in The Back Room.

Unless you think some of our members are Russian sleeper agents. :ph34r:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Something a Russian sleeper agent would say?  :hmm:

Legbiter

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 05, 2023, 12:14:09 PMPositioning themselves to blame others for defeat when the offensive does start?

God knows.

These are diversionary attacks to fix/probe the enemy lines. They can be exploited if the mobiks shit themselves and run but this is not the expected hammerblow. :hmm:

grumbler

I suspect that we (and the Russians) will not know which attack is the main effort and which are the diversions for some time to come.

I wonder what kinds of breaching equipment has been sent to Ukraine.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

crazy canuck

Quote from: grumbler on June 05, 2023, 12:30:39 PMI suspect that we (and the Russians) will not know which attack is the main effort and which are the diversions for some time to come.

Yeah, in the meantime we can just admire the mental torment the Ukrainians are inflicting on the Russians as the Russians wait for the inevitable hammer to fall on them.