News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

BC is on track for a drought and water shortage, as I understand it. So wildfires too, I expect.

mongers

Quote from: PDH on May 08, 2023, 04:55:14 PMWay too much rain this winter here, it has even rained over an inch in May so far which is unusual for the Central Coast of California.  We are out of the drought for now, but the bloom of plants means that this summer (if dry) or next summer for sure there will fires.

For now it is very lush here.

We're having a normal here, gone are the soft English rains, instead we're getting intense downpours; yesterday I was out, came back to the area, apparently only had had one shower, an intense one and when I cycled through the forest came across a forest steam ford which was a mini-ragging torrent. The day before it had been all but bone dry. :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

HVC

Came back to the first heatwave of the year. I dislike southern Ontario summers.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

viper37

Thursday: 30C.
Friday: 10C.

Fuck it.  If Arizona could make their hockey a success, I think I'd move there.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

mongers

Dawn to dusk sunshine and clear blue skies here, for days on end now.:(
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

crazy canuck

Quote from: viper37 on June 02, 2023, 07:25:25 PMThursday: 30C.

You have water

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 05, 2023, 12:24:25 PM
Quote from: viper37 on June 02, 2023, 07:25:25 PMThursday: 30C.

You have water
There is that.  It's a big plus.  :D

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Caliga

Canada: stop burning your damn forests down.  FUCK
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

HVC

Quote from: Caliga on June 09, 2023, 10:09:10 AMCanada: stop burning your damn forests down.  FUCK

Man, Americans are never happy. We sell you our lumber and you complain. We burn our lumber so it can't be sold and you complain

:P

today seems better air quality wise, at least in my neck of the woods.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Jacob

Quote from: Caliga on June 09, 2023, 10:09:10 AMCanada: stop burning your damn forests down.  FUCK

Please take climate change seriously and commit to countering it :)

Caliga

I think it would be easier to BUILD A WALL on our northern border to keep the smoke out. :showoff:

Jacob

Quote from: Caliga on June 09, 2023, 11:24:59 AMI think it would be easier to BUILD A WALL on our northern border to keep the smoke out. :showoff:

Definitely would be easier to BUILD A WALL, no doubt about it.

Valmy

I don't know. A wall big enough to block all the impacts of climate change seems like a pretty formidable engineering project.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

Quote from: Caliga on June 09, 2023, 11:24:59 AMI think it would be easier to BUILD A WALL on our northern border to keep the smoke out. :showoff:
The border crosses the Great Lakes.  We could move it south so you are solid ground.

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on June 09, 2023, 01:57:56 PMI don't know. A wall big enough to block all the impacts of climate change seems like a pretty formidable engineering project.
As an added benefit, it will keep Canadians out.  :cool: