And we're back!

Main Menu

Dead Pool 2023

Started by Josephus, December 26, 2022, 06:41:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Ray Stevenson has passed away last Sunday :(

Ray Stevenson dead at 58

QuoteRay Stevenson, an actor who appeared in "RRR" and the "Thor" films, died Sunday, his publicist Nicki Fioravante confirmed to CNN.

Stevenson was 58.

No additional information about the cause of his death was immediately available.

Born Gregory Raymond Stevenson in Northern Ireland, the actor moved to England as a child. He most recently starred in the 2022 Oscar-winning film "RRR" as the villainous Scott Buxton. The movie won the Oscar for best original song, and was the second highest-grossing film in India in 2022.

Stevenson was set to appear in the upcoming Star Wars series "Ahsoka" as Baylan Skoll this August and attended the 2023 Star Wars Celebration event last month. Stevenson spoke at the event about his excitement to be part of the project, saying "getting to wield the light saber is just the best feeling in the world."

"Ahsoka" is third Star Wars related TV series Stevenson has starred in, having previously voiced the role of Gar Saxon in 2016's "Star Wars: Rebels" and in two episodes of "Star Wars: Clone Wars" in 2020.

Stevenson has over 60 acting credits that date back to the 1990s, but his breakout role came in 2005 when he starred as Titus Pullo in the BBC/HBO series "Rome," set in the last days of the Roman Republic that also starred "Banshees of Inisherin" actor Kerry Condon, James Purefoy and Kevin McKid.

Purefoy paid tribute to Stevenson on Twitter on Monday, saying he's "so sad to hear the news that Ray Stevenson, our Pullo in Rome, has passed away. A brilliant, gutsy, larger-than-life actor who filled every part he played right up to the brim. My thoughts are with his family, his lovely wife Betta and their beautiful kids. What a loss."

He is also known for his role as Volstagg, a "boisterous member of the Warriors Three," in Marvel's "Thor" franchise. Stevenson appeared as Volstagg in the 2011 "Thor" film, and reprised the character in 2013 for "Thor: The Dark World" and in 2017's "Thor: Ragnarok."
His first few credits include roles on TV series such as "A Woman's Guide to Adultery," "The Dwelling Place" and "Band of Gold," in which he appeared in nine episodes. He also appeared in both seasons of "City Central" as DI Tony Baynham throughout the late '90s.

Throughout the aughts, Stevenson continued to guest star on various TV shows, including "The Walking Dead" and "At Home with Braithwaites," before starring in films such as "Outpost" in 2008 and "Cirque du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant" in 2009.

Stevenson went on to star in big-ticket movies throughout the 2010s such as the action comedy "The Other Guys" alongide Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg in 2010, Paul W.S. Anderson's 2011 adaptation of "The Three Musketeers," "Divergent" and "The Book of Eli."
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Tamas

:( I think he was great as Titus Pullo, the role suited him very well.

Solmyr

Damn, that's too young. He was one of the best in the latter seasons of Dexter, too.

Syt

Oh man, he was just finished with Ahsoka, and I saw his interviews from Star Wars Celebration last month, he seemed super excited about being in the franchise. :(
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josephus

Tina Turner.

Still simply the best.

:-(

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Maladict

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Admiral Yi

Astrid Gioberto (sp) who sang The Girl from Ipanema

Savonarola

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 10, 2023, 01:59:38 AMAstrid Gioberto (sp) who sang The Girl from Ipanema

Astrud Gilberto (allegedly she was chosen to sing "Girl from Ipanema" because she was the only person in the room who spoke English.)  George Winston and Pat Robertson also died this week.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

grumbler

Ted Kaczynski, the "Unabomber," found dead in his cell today.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Solmyr

Silvio Berlusconi dead at 86.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Solmyr on June 12, 2023, 03:48:12 AMSilvio Berlusconi dead at 86.

He'll be at Tussaud tomorrow

Maladict

HVC

He's bunga bunga-ing in the sky
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.