Fun with ChatGPT (Deserves its own thread, surely)

Started by Josephus, February 08, 2023, 10:25:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Exactly. We wanted the robots to flip the burgers, let us paint the paintings. Highly annoyed this is the directly AI went.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

Humans have lovely delicate fingers. Perfect for polishing circuitry.
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

Quote from: Valmy on May 16, 2023, 02:47:39 PMExactly. We wanted the robots to flip the burgers, let us paint the paintings. Highly annoyed this is the directly AI went.

they can spell correctly, though.  :glare:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

grumbler

Quote from: Josephus on May 17, 2023, 05:33:08 AM
Quote from: Valmy on May 16, 2023, 02:47:39 PMExactly. We wanted the robots to flip the burgers, let us paint the paintings. Highly annoyed this is the directly AI went.

There are no spelling errors in his post.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

I used the wrong word, I didn't spell the word incorrectly.

I would rather read works by humans misspelling and misusing words and have AIs digging ditches.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on May 17, 2023, 12:11:00 PM

I used the wrong word, I didn't spell the word incorrectly.

I would rather read works by humans misspelling and misusing words and have AIs digging ditches.

Then boy do I have the posts to keep you smiling :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on May 17, 2023, 12:15:26 PMThen boy do I have the posts to keep you smiling :D

Hell, I can just read my own posts  :blush:

mongers

The bing AI page came up when I went to bing to find something, so I directly asked it this question as I'd been on HMS Warrior in Portsmouth today, and in one of the recreated cabins was a naval canvas bag with the name, John A.Fisher esquire on it:

Did Jackie Fisher ever serve on HMS warrior?

It's reply
"Yes, Jackie Fisher did serve on HMS Warrior for a brief period. According to Wikipedia1, he was appointed Gunnery Lieutenant to HMS Warrior, the first all-iron seagoing armoured battleship and the most powerful ship in the fleet, in March 1863. He served on board until October 1863, when he was transferred to HMS Defence1. HMS Warrior was built in 1859 and marked the beginning of the end of the Age of Sail1. Fisher later became a prominent naval reformer and innovator who transformed the Royal Navy in the early 20th century23.

Received message. Yes, Jackie Fisher did serve on HMS Warrior for a brief period. According to Wikipedia, he was appointed Gunnery Lieutenant to HMS Warrior, the first all-iron seagoing armoured battleship and the most powerful ship in the fleet, in March 1863. He served on board until October 1863, when he was transferred to HMS Defence. HMS Warrior was built in 1859 and marked the beginning of the end of the Age of Sail. Fisher later became a prominent naval reformer and innovator who transformed the Royal Navy in the early 20th century .
Learn more:
1. en.wikipedia.org
2. usni.org
3. navalgazing.net
"

So basically it just came back with the Wiki page. :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

QuoteCould you suggest a meal plan for main meals for the week for a single person? Only healthy, affordable meals that can be prepared in a single pot for a single person? Assume that I will eat one meal for two days (on the day I prepare it and reheat next day).

QuoteChatGPT
Sure, I'd be happy to suggest a meal plan for a week based on the parameters you provided. Here's a sample meal plan for a single person, assuming that each meal is prepared in a single pot and eaten for two days (on the day it is prepared and reheated the next day):

Monday:

One-Pot Lentil and Vegetable Soup (https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/216812/one-pot-lentil-and-vegetable-soup/)
Tuesday:

One-Pot Creamy Tomato Pasta (https://www.budgetbytes.com/one-pot-creamy-tomato-pasta/)
Wednesday:

One-Pot Quinoa and Vegetable Stir-Fry (https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a23580690/one-pot-quinoa-vegetable-stir-fry-recipe/)
Thursday:

One-Pot Chili Mac and Cheese (https://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-one-pot-chili-mac-cheese-recipes-from-the-kitchn-214528)
Friday:

One-Pot Spanish Rice and Beans (https://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/one-pot-spanish-rice-and-beans/)
Saturday:

One-Pot Chicken and Vegetable Curry (https://www.food.com/recipe/one-pot-chicken-and-vegetable-curry-521298)
Sunday:

One-Pot Mushroom and Spinach Risotto (https://www.delish.com/uk/cooking/recipes/a31043636/one-pot-mushroom-and-spinach-risotto/)

All of these recipes are healthy, affordable, and can be prepared in a single pot. They also make great leftovers that can be reheated the next day. You can adjust the recipes to suit your taste and dietary preferences, and make extra servings if you want to have leftovers for more than two days. Enjoy!

QuoteUser
Please prepare a shopping list for this meal plan. Keep in mind that it is for one person only.

QuoteChatGPT
Sure, here's a shopping list for the one-week meal plan for one person that I suggested earlier. It assumes that you have basic pantry staples such as salt, pepper, olive oil, and vegetable broth on hand.

Produce:

1 onion
3 cloves garlic
1 head of broccoli
2 medium carrots
2 zucchinis
1 bell pepper
1 small butternut squash
1 small container of mushrooms
2 handfuls of spinach
1 small bunch of cilantro
1 small lime
1 small lemon
1 small ginger root (optional)
Canned and Packaged Goods:

1 can of lentils
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 can of tomato sauce
1 can of kidney beans
1 can of black beans
1 can of corn
1 package of quinoa
1 package of pasta
1 package of rice
1 package of curry paste
Dairy:

1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
1/4 cup of sour cream (optional)
Meat:

1 boneless, skinless chicken breast (optional)
This shopping list should cover all the ingredients you need for the one-week meal plan, and you may have some ingredients left over that you can use for other meals or snacks.

QuoteUser
What can I replace the broccoli and zucchini with in the recipes you suggested? Also, they don't have butternut squash where I live.

QuoteChatGPT
If you don't like broccoli or zucchini or if they are not available where you live, here are some alternative vegetables you can use in the recipes I suggested:

For the One-Pot Lentil and Vegetable Soup, you can replace the broccoli and zucchini with any of the following vegetables:

Cauliflower
Green beans
Carrots
Celery
Bell peppers
For the One-Pot Quinoa and Vegetable Stir-Fry, you can replace the zucchini with any of the following vegetables:

Eggplant
Yellow squash
Bell peppers
Asparagus
Green beans
For the One-Pot Mushroom and Spinach Risotto, you can replace the zucchini with any of the following vegetables:

Eggplant
Yellow squash
Bell peppers
Asparagus
Green beans
As for the butternut squash, you can replace it with any other sweet squash or pumpkin that is available where you live. Kabocha squash, acorn squash, or pumpkin would all be good substitutes.

I hope this helps, and happy cooking!

:hmm:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

I hang around the Midjourney subreddit a bit, and some of the AI created images there are fairly impressive. Though Adobe seems to take it one step ahead, offering a "generative fill" in its Photoshop beta, which uses AI to fill in the gaps if you expand an image's canvas.

—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

Does it only work for pics with conventionally attractive women?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

Quote from: The Brain on May 26, 2023, 02:14:14 AMDoes it only work for pics with conventionally attractive women?

"Redo it but make 'em thick "?
██████
██████
██████

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould