And we're back!

Main Menu

STELLARIS: New Paradox Game in SPAAAACE

Started by Syt, July 30, 2015, 10:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Zanza

Josquius

Like most paradox dlc stuff seems to be the sort of thing that makes the early game more fun though soon becomes a drag.
██████
██████
██████

Zanza

The early game is the fun part of Stellaris in general. Later it lacks exploration and the warfare is mediocre.

Darth Wagtaros

It is a grind.  Not worth playing after a point.
PDH!

Tamas

So it seems like reviewers are digging the new patch and DLC but the official forum is in total uproar - as far as I can tell, the previous meta was to spam leaders mercilessly - not just for every single planet and fleet but having a multitude of science leaders to swap around based on the exact tech being researched.

Now, leaders having been buffed to be more special and much more powerful, there's a very low soft cap of 6 on them at start. As usual, peeps who play these games to establish a powergamer routine and repeat it again, and again, and again, and again, are upset.

Syt

I started a campaign with the new patch/expansion ... I didn't get far, because the new leader system was a bit much to wrap my head around between learning AoW4 and the new CK3 content. "What do you mean, I only have one researcher now??" :D

The changes overall look good, though. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Zanza

My first impression of the leader mechanic change is very positive. I actually care to remember them and what I use them for. Before it was fire-and-forget.

I have not met primitives yet, did not research cloaking and did not pick any of the origins. So I did see any of the new First Contact content yet.

Tamas

So the patch and DLC definitely seem promising and I could see myself really liking it if I was really in a Stellaris mood, but apparently I am not.

I guess to say something negative it's hard to imagine a very few leaders having such a massive effect on a galaxy-spanning empire, but it's not a big deal.

Solmyr

I use a mod that raises the leader cap to 12. :P

But yeah, having a good time with the game right now.

Tamas

Syt

Paradox are caving in to the whining are listening tot heir loyal fans, with upcoming patch changes. :P

QuoteBalance
- Legendary leaders no longer count towards Leader Capacity.
- Admirals that command fleets hired from marauders no longer count towards your Leader Capacity.
- Added the Leader of Opportunity trait, leaders that have this trait do not count towards Leader Capacity while under Level 4.
- Assigned some event spawned leaders the Leader of Opportunity trait.
- Aptitude Tradition "Champions of the Empire" now gives bonus per Leaders' levels.
- Effect is now a flat -2 Empire Size per Governor level, and 0.5% Exp per Scientist level and 2 Naval capacity per Admiral/General level.
- Autocannons are no longer valued at three times their intended military power.

Bugfixes
- Fixed a bug where ships would sometimes stop following its target when they entered a hyperlane
- Leaders can no longer start the game with traits that produce resources. This should stop machine leaders from keeping a bonsai tree garden as a hobby.

AI
AI will now wait until it has at least 5 planets and 25 years before choosing a specialization designation for its homeworld

Performance
Leader view performance optimizations

From here: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/developer-diary/stellaris-dev-diary-301-galactic-paragons-is-out-whats-next.1584568/

(No ETA on balance patch)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Zanza

I rolled a handful random empires and got fanatic purifiers. I had not played a genocidal empire in years, so I figured why not. The conquest focus is really different from how I usually play. Picked "Become the Crisis" and I am making good progress in that mechanism.  It's a piece of content I never touched before. I guess I should really try to widen my experience by playing more diverse approaches. 

Syt

New story DLC coming up:

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/developer-diary/stellaris-dev-diary-318-announcing-astral-planes.1602454/

QuoteAstral Planes is a narrative-focused expansion that adds mid to late game exploration content with over 30 Astral Rifts with widely branching storylines.

Unlike the relative safety of Archaeology sites, the Rifts you explore will lead to completely different realms of existence, where fundamentals that were certain at home may not always be true.

Astral Planes includes: �
  • Over 30 Astral Rifts to explore
  • 8 new Relics
  • 4 Civics
  • 1 Origin
  • Astral Threads and Astral Actions
  • 3 new music tracks composed by Andreas Waldetoft

...as well as some insights into some old friends and enemies.

The Stellaris team has been working with Abrakam Entertainment since October 2022, and they've been working on Astral Planes in close collaboration with the rest of the Stellaris team. Over the next few weeks, I'll be turning the dev diaries over to them so they can get to know you better, so you can feel some of the love they share for Stellaris, and so you can see why we trusted them to help with this release.

—Stephen Jay Gould

Zanza

Mid game exploration is what is surely missing, so looking forward