News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Is Spain now better/smarter going about colonization?

Josephus

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 19, 2023, 09:57:45 AMIs Spain now better/smarter going about colonization?

Is it supposed to be?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josephus on April 19, 2023, 10:44:31 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on April 19, 2023, 09:57:45 AMIs Spain now better/smarter going about colonization?

Is it supposed to be?

I read some of the Pardox dairies talking about how that was supposed happen, but I don't know when.  I just assumed it would be now since they have made a big deal about this refresh of the major nations.

Hence my question.  Has that occurred?

Josephus

I can't say. Just started a game as France. Still 1460, not much colonization yet.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josephus on April 19, 2023, 12:19:42 PMI can't say. Just started a game as France. Still 1460, not much colonization yet.

Let me know what happens.   :)

Solmyr

Played the Ottomans for 40 years, and now the save just crashes the game on loading. <_<

Tamas

Quote from: Solmyr on April 20, 2023, 03:25:44 AMPlayed the Ottomans for 40 years, and now the save just crashes the game on loading. <_<

Are your mods turned off?

Solmyr

Quote from: Tamas on April 20, 2023, 03:54:10 AM
Quote from: Solmyr on April 20, 2023, 03:25:44 AMPlayed the Ottomans for 40 years, and now the save just crashes the game on loading. <_<

Are your mods turned off?

Started the game with a couple of graphical and UI mods (that are updated for 1.35) but turning them off doesn't help.

Josephus

They did release a hotfix this morning
Civis Romanus Sum

Caliga

Too much change at once.  I'm waiting at least a few weeks to give it a shot.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Solmyr

I loaded a slightly earlier version of my save and disabled all mods, and it seems to be working now.

Josephus

Hmmm. So I'm playing as France. One of the new changes is that France has to have at least 50 per cent crown land to integrate its vassals. Not really a problem for the player, but I can see this crippling AI France
Civis Romanus Sum

Solmyr

There's also a bug where appanages can declare independence war but not actually demand independence, so people have reported that Orleans just keeps declaring war on France with independence support from other nations and eating up French land.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Solmyr on April 20, 2023, 03:18:12 PMI loaded a slightly earlier version of my save and disabled all mods, and it seems to be working now.

In my first game as Spain, France had no difficulty annexing the usual suspects, it also was able to gobble up Province through the new mechanic.

I have played a bit of Spain, France and England.  Well mostly Spain.  I like the new mission trees for each of them.  The English Parliament has more to do now as well.  It's a good refresh, and could have been part of the next iteration of EU.  Which makes me wonder what the future holds for this game.

Zanza

Currently playing as Aragon. I no-cb Byzantium early to hobble the Ottomans. Got lucky with the Iberian Wedding in the 1460s. It is now 1477 and I have Portugal, Castille, Navarra and Naples as PUs, have neutralized, but not yet fully conquered the Maghreb and started inroads into Provence and Liguria. My next step will be attacking France together with Burgundy as they are currently fighting Austria.

The mission tree is a bit better than before, especially adding the colonial part once I become Spain will be a major improvement for Aragon. I have not yet seen the new Councils system for Spain, but the new orders are an interesting mechanical addition.

I really like that they not just added new mechanics, but spent a lot of effort in the last two patches to flesh our existing, underutilized features. The new estate privileges, government reforms, idea groups, etc. give more variety and depth than before.