News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Path of Exile - upcoming F2P Daiablo clone

Started by Syt, September 08, 2011, 12:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iormlund

I'm usually too tired of PoE by the time I make a try to any boss. This season I bagged Searing Exarch, Eater of Worlds, Shaper, Cortex and Sirus for the first time. Might try Uber-Atziri or even Uber-Elder if I can be bothered to get the fragments.

Focusing on those Kirac Atlas nodes really pays off if you play casually (or as casually as a PoE player can play).

FunkMonk

New league starts this week. This league's new thing is giving weapons passive trees, and apparently every skill in the game can be hugely affected through these passives. It sounds cool and might make for some really bonkers builds.

I kind of miss PoE after playing the D4 beta so I'm giving it a go after skipping like two leagues in a row. I'll be playing on my Steam Deck so I plan on doing something relatively easy to play, Toxic Rain Ballista.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Syt

I had some Zizaran vidoes come up on my YouTube feed where he talks about the new league. I started watching them, but realized I'm just not in the mood for this now. :D (Even though I've been playing Drox Operative the last few nights which is also a loot based ARPG.)

I'm sure I will get lured in again where I play a league obsessively for a month or two, but for now I'm good, I think. :D
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

If you need a ARPG palet cleanser, try Minecraft Dungeons. It's not complicated or anything. It's just visceral click killing.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

Last Epoch is getting better and better.  New patches have just released if you want to scratch that ARPG itch, but don't want to go down the POE rabbit hole.  But not yet out of Beta.

frunk

I'm in maps, and I like this league.  The league combat isn't interesting, but the weapon passive trees are fun.  I don't get why they didn't allow uniques to have them.  Most builds do better with a good rare than a unique anyway, and this just reinforces it.

frunk

Oh, I guess there's a way to get a unique weapon passive tree, but it's for endgame.  Which means you'll never use it for anything other than endgame uniques and leveling uniques are left in the dust.

frunk

Barely 20 minutes into the PoE 2 reveal and goddamn it needs to get here now.

FunkMonk

Yeah, PoE 2 already looks really, really good and they still have a year of development to polish it.

Diablo 4, despite the big sales numbers early on, already feels stale. It's clear the years of development setbacks and the rush to release it this year hurt the game. I'd say it needs at least another year of updates to catch up to what GGG is presenting for PoE 2.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

frunk

I know they say they'll maintain PoE 1 after PoE 2's release, but I don't see myself going back unless they do a serious revamp.  Even then I estimate that getting through the huge number of ascendancies in PoE 2 is going to take 6 or 7 leagues based on my most active period in PoE and how many characters I created.  Practically it's likely to be more like 9 or 10.  That's what, 2-3 years before I'll even think about going back to PoE 1, I have other stuff I want to play too.

Iormlund

The stuff they showcased looked great.

A slower paced game with a more "Dark Souls" feeling. Less density, more meaningful combat with lots of dodging and combining different abilities.

I can't see myself going back to PoE 1 either. Especially since I suspect a good part of the reasons they want both to be separate is to rein in power-creep, which would make both games cater to two very different audiences.

I'm really tempted to play the next league as well, after not touching the game for over 6 months. I've always enjoyed Blight, but that full tower-defense keystone is a dream come true.

Iormlund

Another preview for PoE 2 dropped, with a trailer for the Mercenary. The highlights for me:
- Enabled firing while moving. I've always thought that should be the way to balance melee skills, as in WoW.
- Enabled WASD controls (toggle).

The new league is also upon us, and GGG has gone nuts and revamped/added a lot of skills. I've spent about 6 hours creating a build for one of the new versions of Lightning Tendrils.  :lol:
Looking forward to play for the first time in almost a year.

I've been playing a bit of Ruthless in the meantime. I'm enjoying actually looking at drops.
Still no support gems in Act 5, though. I'm pretty much immortal, but things take a while to kill.

Syt

I saw the headline changes and am slightly tempted to roll a new character, but not sure I should dive back into that particular rabbit hole for the holidays :D
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

frunk

My PoE play has switched to mood based, and I'm not feeling it at the moment.  I did get into the last release more than I expected, but it was a while after the start.

PoE 2 though, can't wait.

Iormlund

Don't really know how much I'll actually play. Really excited about coming up with builds, though.

This pretty much sums up my experience with PoE: