Fun with ChatGPT (Deserves its own thread, surely)

Started by Josephus, February 08, 2023, 10:25:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Yeah, like I said. I asked it a question. It got it wrong. I said hey you're wrong. It said, I prefer not to continue this conversation.
I think Bing AI won't be much fun at parties.

If he was on Languish, he's be a bit of a rage quitter.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Maladict

I quite like the thought of AI versions of Languish posters arguing about things until the end of the universe.

Tamas

https://twitter.com/Iain_Slitherine/status/1638203121892573185

QuoteOne of the team had the crazy idea to feed a log file from #CommandPE to #gpt4 and ask it to summarise what had happened in natural language. The output was impressive. It was so impressive we're scheduling a brainstorming session to explore what else we could do.

Maladict

I was not expecting the first casualty of AI to be AAR writers.

mongers

Quote from: Maladict on March 23, 2023, 09:27:37 AMI was not expecting the first casualty of AI to be AAR writers.

I expect Jim to jump on this now that he was a lot less time. :D
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Caliga

One of my co-workers has started using ChatGPT to write code.  He said it gave him a great python script the other day that only needed minor tweaks. :ph34r:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Caliga on March 24, 2023, 09:01:31 AMOne of my co-workers has started using ChatGPT to write code.  He said it gave him a great python script the other day that only needed minor tweaks. :ph34r:

We've been using it at work a bit and the results were positive

Josquius

I've an associate who is a localisation manager at a Japanese company.
On linkedin I notice they're pissed at the amount of messages they're getting lately of people trying to sell AI stuff to them.
TBH I'm kind of rolling my eyes at what they say a little. Protesting that translation is an art and AI can't possibly have a part to play.  I suspect they're worried about their job. For years now google translate has for many languages been doing a so-so job that really cuts down on the time needed for translation, giving you the basics that you then make sound good.
Perfectly foreseeable that AI could completely take over in this field.
██████
██████
██████

The Minsky Moment

I think two things can be said with some degree of confidence.  One is that AI is a significant technology that will have enduring impacts on the economy and social life, will shake up the leading tech players, and bring new leaders and products to the fore.  Two is that we are witnessing the beginning of an investment bubble in AI that within this decade will culminate in some truly staggering losses of capital.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Legbiter

Scammers being on the cutting edge as usual.  <_<

QuoteFor years, a common scam has involved getting a call from someone purporting to be an authority figure, like a police officer, urgently asking you to pay money to help get a friend or family member out of trouble.

Now, federal regulators warn, such a call could come from someone who sounds just like that friend or family member — but is actually a scammer using a clone of their voice.

The Federal Trade Commission issued a consumer alert this week urging people to be vigilant for calls using voice clones generated by artificial intelligence, one of the latest techniques used by criminals hoping to swindle people out of money.

https://www.npr.org/2023/03/22/1165448073/voice-clones-ai-scams-ftc?utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com

People will need a guardian AI to protect them from hostile AI..

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

HVC

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on March 24, 2023, 09:31:22 AM
Quote from: Caliga on March 24, 2023, 09:01:31 AMOne of my co-workers has started using ChatGPT to write code.  He said it gave him a great python script the other day that only needed minor tweaks. :ph34r:

Once people get more comfortable and stop checking it's a perfect chance for China to start inserting malicious code :ph34r:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: HVC on March 24, 2023, 01:18:29 PM
Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on March 24, 2023, 09:31:22 AM

chatGPT will break free before that probably :D

Once people get more comfortable and stop checking it's a perfect chance for China to start inserting malicious code :ph34r:

Syt

There's been several channels having ChatGPT etc. write content for them to mixed success.

This channel went to have AI create a Morrowind video essay, trying to see how far he could push it:

The result is ... not great, but much better than what we might have gotten only a few years ago.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Maladict

The truly dystopian consequences of AI are starting to emerge.

QuoteTom Hanks: I could appear in movies after death with AI technology

By Nichola Rutherford
BBC News

Tom Hanks has raised the prospect of his career continuing after his death using artificial intelligence.

The Forrest Gump and Cast Away actor said the technology could be used to recreate his image, ensuring he continued to appear in movies "from now until kingdom come".

But he admitted the developments posed artistic and legal challenges.

His remarks came as the Pet Shop Boys' Neil Tennant said AI could be used by musicians to complete songs.

Hanks, 66, was asked about the legal ramifications of the new technology in the latest episode of The Adam Buxton podcast.

"This has always been lingering," he said. "The first time we did a movie that had a huge amount of our own data locked in a computer - literally what we looked like - was a movie called The Polar Express.

"We saw this coming, we saw that there was going to be this ability to take zeros and ones from inside a computer and turn it into a face and a character. That has only grown a billion-fold since then and we see it everywhere."

Hanks said talks are being held in the film industry about how to protect actors from the effects of the technology.

"I can tell you that there is discussions going on in all of the guilds, all of the agencies, and all of the legal firms in order to come up with the legal ramifications of my face and my voice and everybody else's being our intellectual property," Hanks added.

"What is a bona fide possibility right now is, if I wanted to, I could get together and pitch a series of seven movies that would star me in them in which I would be 32 years old from now until kingdom come.

"Anybody can now recreate themselves at any age they are by way of AI or deep fake technology. I could be hit by a bus tomorrow and that's it, but performances can go on and on and on and on.

"Outside the understanding of AI and deep fake, there'll be nothing to tell you that it's not me and me alone.

"And it's going to have some degree of lifelike quality. That's certainly an artistic challenge but it's also a legal one."

Similar technology has already been used in the latest Indiana Jones film, for which Harrison Ford, 80, was "de-aged" for the opening sequence.

Filmmakers trawled archived material of the younger Ford before matching it to new footage, creating the illusion of Indiana Jones in 1944.

Hanks acknowledged that the technological developments could lead to an AI-generated version of himself appearing in films he may not not normally choose.

He said: "Without a doubt people will be able to tell [that it's AI], but the question is will they care? There are some people that won't care, that won't make that delineation."

Valmy

QuoteHanks acknowledged that the technological developments could lead to an AI-generated version of himself appearing in films he may not not normally choose.

Turner and Hooch 2 has finally been greenlit!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."