News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Dead Pool 2023

Started by Josephus, December 26, 2022, 06:41:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Josephus on January 08, 2023, 11:52:20 AM
Quote from: viper37 on January 06, 2023, 06:04:27 PMThe Québec actress who dubbed Marge Simpson passed away last week.  Béatrice Picard, 93 years old.  So, no one but us Quebecers know of her, but it's the prime years of the Simpson, and I always liked the Quebec dubb of the show.  Reminded me how The Flintstones were Quebecicized back then too. :)

Are you sure? I just read she's retiring

Elle a été la voix de Marge Simpson pendant plus de 30 ans. Béatrice Picard tire maintenant sa révérence.
L'actrice de 93 ans prêtait sa voix à la femme d'Homer dans la série animée depuis 1989. Gros chapitre de sa vie qui se termine.

Damn, you're right! I killed her too early! :cry:  :Embarrass:

I thought she passed away during Christmas time the way it was phrased.  Duh!
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josephus

Nobody have Jeff Beck, I take it?

:(
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

grumbler

The Presleys have not been a lucky family.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Larch

Gina Lollobrigida, Italian legendary actress, has passed at the age of 95.

Syt

Still the best Esmeralda.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

David Crosby (of Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young fame) has passed away at 81.

Josephus

Surprised nobody picked him really.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

viper37

Actress Annie Wersching died of cancer, she was 45.  She most recently played in the Last of us (she played Tess in either the game or the TV series, I have no idea since I haven't played the game nor watched the TV show), but also played in 24 and numerous sci-fi tv shows.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josephus

I remember her mostly from 24 :-(
Civis Romanus Sum

Syt

She was the Borg Queen on S2 of Picard; really liked her performance in that. :(

Her Wiki page says she was in the game Last Of Us, not the TV show.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

RIP Bobby Hull.

Former Chicago Blackhawks great, but I of course know him best for putting the fledgling WHA on the map by signing a contract for "One MILLION Dollars!" with the Winnipeg Jets in 1972.  Part of the "Hot Line" with Anders Hedberg and Ulf Nilsson he was part of one of the most formidable lines in all of hockey.  His post-retirement career was always chased by his past history of domestic violence, leading to a somewhat tarnished legacy, but he'll always be known as one of the all-time greats at the game of hockey.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

viper37

Pedrito

Tom Verlaine of Television RIP  :(

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot: