News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Dead Pool 2023

Started by Josephus, December 26, 2022, 06:41:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Quote from: Josquius on December 28, 2022, 05:00:01 AMSurely there should be a rule about picking people already in hospital? Pele seems way too safe. :(

Not if he dies in the next couple days. Same with Benedict
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

viper37

Quote from: Threviel on December 28, 2022, 05:19:19 AMAnd pope Francis is leading prayers on the health of Benedict.
And I didn't know that when I picked him.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

HVC

Those that picked pele lost their freebie today.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on December 29, 2022, 02:30:06 PMThose that picked pele lost their freebie today.

Yep. RIP Pele.

Thanks for trying to help the US league out in 1975.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josephus

Pele pickers can edit their pick
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Admiral Yi

Razgovory

Dammit.  Okay, Norman Lear.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

HVC

Clint Eastwood
William Daniels
Bob Barker

*edit changed Bob Newhart to Bob Barker

**edit 2 since the pope died switched him with Clint Eastwood.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 26, 2022, 04:29:37 PM
Quote from: Valmy on December 26, 2022, 04:12:22 PMI never thought of this list as a wishlist before :hmm:

The power of positive thinking.

Psychic lynching!
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Duque de Bragança

Ruggero Deodato, director of Cannibal Holocaust, Barbarians, Atlantis Interceptor and more.

RIP

Did not see that one coming.

The Larch

Just saw a couple of pics of Benedict XVI. He's not gonna last long...

Maladict

Quote from: Josephus on December 29, 2022, 02:54:36 PMPele pickers can edit their pick

And no points for Benedict either.

Sheilbh

Quote from: The Larch on December 30, 2022, 02:40:59 PMJust saw a couple of pics of Benedict XVI. He's not gonna last long...
Just been announced that he's died.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josephus

And Baba Wawa

At some point we should do a pool for people who die between Christmas and New Years.
Civis Romanus Sum