News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Roma - Arsenal, penalties. I'll root for the Gunners since they got the only Dane, even if he's got pink shoes.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

And I tainted them. :( What a horrendous kick from the Arsenal player.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Warspite

Quote from: Liep on March 11, 2009, 05:27:27 PM

We still went through. Four English clubs in the quarter finals! Eat it, Blatter.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Saladin

Quote from: Warspite on March 11, 2009, 06:06:18 PM
Quote from: Liep on March 11, 2009, 05:27:27 PM

We still went through. Four English clubs in the quarter finals! Eat it, Blatter.

Appearantly he did... ;)

katmai

Quote from: Warspite on March 11, 2009, 06:06:18 PM

they did? Wooo!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

I Killed Kenny

Cerr

Great win for Liverpool last night.

Should be some interesting games in the quarters.
When's the draw for it?

Liep

Quote from: Cerr on March 11, 2009, 07:18:59 PM
Great win for Liverpool last night.

Should be some interesting games in the quarters.
When's the draw for it?

March 20. Now we just need Porto and Bayern out and it'll be a good tournament.

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Valmy on March 11, 2009, 03:40:22 PM
Quote from: Liep on March 11, 2009, 03:34:33 PM
What's this fascination with giving the team a second name? Austin would do fine unless you have two teams.

Austin FC would have been fine.  There is an American tradition of each sports club having a nickname or a mascot that they are trying to cater to here.

All the English football clubs have nicknames too, but they are just that, nicknames.......not part of their official terminology. A nickname should develop organically, as a consequence of events. So, the name should be Austin FC, as time goes by they may get a nickname.....

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: FunkMonk on March 11, 2009, 05:20:29 PM
That's cool. However, Austin teams suck. When I played youth soccer we always had a good time beating them into dust.

Yes we sorta do at most sports.  It is a rare moment a team of Austin kids wins a State championship.

However I think there is like one actual Austinite on the roster, AJ Godbolt who played on Maryland's national champs a few years back.  The rest are a mix of Americans and English players our English owner recruited.  Oh and one Mexican guy.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josephus

Man utd. are just too good. >:(

English teams prove that they are faaar better than any other league right now.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Liep

I wasn't too impressed by Arsenal, that game could've easily gone to Roma.  I think Man Utd., Liverpool or Barcelona is gonna take the trophy this year.

Warspite

Quote from: Liep on March 12, 2009, 07:47:02 AM
I wasn't too impressed by Arsenal, that game could've easily gone to Roma.  I think Man Utd., Liverpool or Barcelona is gonna take the trophy this year.

Denilson is a liability. We need Fabregas back immediately. Him feeding Eduardo balls through defence... oh god.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Josquius

So...how about that premiership.
The bottom...13(?) is still crazily tight.
██████
██████
██████