News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

April in Toronto

Started by Savonarola, April 01, 2019, 02:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saskganesh

sav/sask/malthus in order.

I like how the PULL HARD TO SLIDE OPEN sign points to my head.
humans were created in their own image

mongers

Quote from: saskganesh on April 21, 2019, 07:49:37 PM
sav/sask/malthus in order.

I like how the PULL HARD TO SLIDE OPEN sign points to my head.

:D

Thanks, glad you young'uns had a good time.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Savonarola

I will be back in Toronto next week on business.  As of right now it looks like my Thursday evening (September 19) is free.  Is anyone up for an IRL meet-up?
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

saskganesh

Sure. We can talk about the election after we stop talking about subways. And Yi.

saskganesh

Barrister

Quote from: Savonarola on September 11, 2019, 05:09:15 PM
I will be back in Toronto next week on business.  As of right now it looks like my Thursday evening (September 19) is free.  Is anyone up for an IRL meet-up?

Any chance of a return visit to Edmonton? :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Savonarola

Quote from: Barrister on September 13, 2019, 12:57:08 AM
Any chance of a return visit to Edmonton? :(

Not in the near term; a different company is responsible for the network and communication for Edmonton LRT.  Alstom is responsible for the signalling, and I was only there to document the existing network since that will tie into the signalling system.

In the long run, maybe.  Canada has some plans to adopt Positive Train Control (presumably they're waiting to see everything the United States does wrong first before creating their own standards.)  We're anticipating a lot of Canadian work once that happens.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Savonarola

Anyhow, I'll be staying up by Pearson Airport this time.  We should be done by 5 on Thursday; I can meet any time after that (plus travel time.)  Where would you guys like to meet?

saskganesh

I just PM'ed Malta and Portugal for input.

HVC

I'm working out is miss Thursday, but get off at 4 so should be able to meet everyone downtown.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josephus

Quote from: saskganesh on September 13, 2019, 08:13:02 AM
I just PM'ed Malta and Portugal for input.

As I said last time: Weekdays are near imposs. for me to get downtown. Weekends....we gotta do weekends.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

saskganesh

understood Jos.

since HVC wil be in Mississauga that aft, Sav is at Pearson and Mal lives near the Humber, I suggest we meet somewhere on Bloor West.

Not my hood,  but all good. So, Malthus, pick a pub.

HVC

We could do a field trip to jos' work. I'm sure his boss would understand :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josephus

Quote from: HVC on September 13, 2019, 03:57:56 PM
We could do a field trip to jos' work. I'm sure his boss would understand :D

I'm up in Vaughan...Feel free.

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011