News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

April in Toronto

Started by Savonarola, April 01, 2019, 02:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saskganesh

I'll meet. Do you  like death marching?  :Canuck: It's still a  good city and there's lots to see on foot, architecturally and otherwise.  Downtown is reasonably compact and diverse and under constant development.
humans were created in their own image

Savonarola

Quote from: saskganesh on April 04, 2019, 05:15:47 AM
I'll meet. Do you  like death marching?  :Canuck: It's still a  good city and there's lots to see on foot, architecturally and otherwise.  Downtown is reasonably compact and diverse and under constant development.

Great, looking forward to meeting you.  I might only be up for starvation marching, it depends how the work day goes; but yes, I'd love to see the sights.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

saskganesh

you are in luck Sav, as TO is a very good place to eat. You won't starve.

Savonarola

Pestilence marching then; you have rats in Toronto, right?

;)

In any event what works best for everyone?  I should be done with work every day by 5 PM.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

saskganesh

we have squirrels and raccoons. be very careful.

Tuesday eve (Tomorrow!) or esp. Thursday eve (Friday is a stat) would be best for me. Thursday would be the best. :)

Malthus

Quote from: saskganesh on April 15, 2019, 05:22:21 AM
we have squirrels and raccoons. be very careful.

Tuesday eve (Tomorrow!) or esp. Thursday eve (Friday is a stat) would be best for me. Thursday would be the best. :)

Thursday is best for me as well.  :)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Savonarola

Thursday should be good; I've PMed you my phone number.  I think I'll be available anytime after 5 PM.  Let me know where and when would be a good time to meet.

saskganesh

I'm cool to meet at College/Yonge and we can take it from there.

Propose death marching westerly, check out the gothicness of U ot T, then see the crystal failure of the ROM up on Bloor, then west towards the Annex, where we can have a pint and pubfare at Kilgours or something else entirely. Two miles, easy.

saskganesh

I PMed Josephus, because we need more Maltese, but he's working nights way out in the middle burbs, so can't make it DT.

Malthus

Quote from: saskganesh on April 15, 2019, 07:21:50 PM

Propose death marching westerly, check out the gothicness of U ot T, then see the crystal failure of the ROM up on Bloor, then west towards the Annex, where we can have a pint and pubfare at Kilgours or something else entirely. Two miles, easy.

Sounds good to me.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Josephus

Yeah, sorry can't make it this time. Working up at Dufferin-Steeles till past 7.

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Savonarola

Quote from: Malthus on April 16, 2019, 07:51:11 AM

Sounds good to me.

Okay, sounds good; when do you want to meet?

Savonarola

Quote from: Josephus on April 16, 2019, 12:36:07 PM
Yeah, sorry can't make it this time. Working up at Dufferin-Steeles till past 7.

Sorry to miss you.

saskganesh

Quote from: Savonarola on April 16, 2019, 04:39:05 PM
Quote from: Malthus on April 16, 2019, 07:51:11 AM

Sounds good to me.

Okay, sounds good; when do you want to meet?

How about outside the old Maple Leaf Gardens (now Mattamy Sports Centre/Loblaws)? 50 Carlton.

It's Historic!

Savonarola

Quote from: saskganesh on April 16, 2019, 04:44:21 PM
How about outside the old Maple Leaf Gardens (now Mattamy Sports Centre/Loblaws)? 50 Carlton.

It's Historic!

That would be great, what time do you want to meet?