News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

April in Toronto

Started by Savonarola, April 01, 2019, 02:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savonarola

I will be in Toronto for business from April 15 to 19.  Is anyone up for an IRL meeting in the evening?  I'll be staying near Carlton and Yonge, right by College Station; but could meet elsewhere.

(As with everything else in rail, this is subject to change - usually at the last minute and without warning.)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Malthus

I'm up for it, work permitting!  :)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

frunk

Oddly enough I'll be in Niagara Falls from April 16th to 19th.  Close, but not close enough.

The Brain

I won't be able to make this Toronto meet. :(
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

HVC

Ass! You pick the week I leave to set this up :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: HVC on April 01, 2019, 04:37:50 PM

Are you making the big boertrek to Oz?

HVC

Vietnam for 18 days. Been a while since my last vacation so looking forward to it
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Savonarola

Sorry to miss you; but I'll probably be back.  We have a project with TTC, two with Metrolinx and we're bidding a third.  Odds are I'll be back sooner or later.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Savonarola

Quote from: Malthus on April 01, 2019, 02:37:11 PM

Sounds good; we can make plans as it gets closer.  I'm up for any night.

You went to UT, right?  Do you have any old haunts I should check out?

HVC

Quote from: Savonarola on April 02, 2019, 02:45:42 PM

Sorry to miss you; but I'll probably be back.  We have a project with TTC, two with Metrolinx and we're bidding a third.  Odds are I'll be back sooner or later.

:hug:

If we meet can I bitch at you about the ttc hah

Malthus

Quote from: Savonarola on April 02, 2019, 02:48:05 PM
Quote from: Malthus on April 01, 2019, 02:37:11 PM

Sounds good; we can make plans as it gets closer.  I'm up for any night.

You went to UT, right?  Do you have any old haunts I should check out?

So long ago now that any haunts I had have gone the way of all things.  :D

But certainly, looking forward to meeting up.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

I looked out my window and there was goddam snow.

Hopefully by April, that will have stopped.  :hmm:

Savonarola

Quote from: Malthus on April 03, 2019, 11:14:02 AM

We were supposed to do this test in February; fortunately if there's one thing the rail industry is good at it's delays.

(Since it's a GPS test, I tried to talk them into waiting for full leafing; but that was a no-go.)

Malthus

Quote from: Savonarola on April 03, 2019, 02:23:21 PM
Quote from: Malthus on April 03, 2019, 11:14:02 AM

We were supposed to do this test in February; fortunately if there's one thing the rail industry is good at it's delays.

(Since it's a GPS test, I tried to talk them into waiting for full leafing; but that was a no-go.)

Because if there's one thing that's enjoyable, it is outdoor testing in Toronto in February.  :D

Let me guess: testing requires standing around outside for long periods of time without moving around very much ...

Savonarola

Quote from: Malthus on April 03, 2019, 02:25:36 PM
Because if there's one thing that's enjoyable, it is outdoor testing in Toronto in February.  :D

Let me guess: testing requires standing around outside for long periods of time without moving around very much ...

It's like you read our project manager's mind.

We'll even be on rooftops this time (though only one story ones) that really would have been miserable in February.  Fortunately I have something to do on these tests.  The witnesses from the contractor and Metrolinx have nothing to do but stand around and watch me take compass readings and monitor satellites.