2024 US Presidential Elections Megathread

Started by Syt, May 25, 2023, 02:23:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

For all those Republican Primary voters who watch CNN.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jacob

It might help Ramaswamy, but I'm not convinced that a non-white person can win the GOP primary.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Quote from: Jacob on August 19, 2023, 10:03:59 AMIt might help Ramaswamy, but I'm not convinced that a non-white person can win the GOP primary.

Well that and the fact he is a nobody and rather cringey to listen to.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Zanza

So the first GOP Also-Ran Debate was held and not even one post here. I guess that shows the irrelevance without Trump.

Tonitrus

8 candidates is not a debate...it is a glorified and mildly spicy press conference.

HVC

You assholes are going to elect trump again, aren't you?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

Quote from: Zanza on August 24, 2023, 12:14:07 AMSo the first GOP Also-Ran Debate was held and not even one post here. I guess that shows the irrelevance without Trump.

If you are into trashy, reality TV, there is better programming.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josephus

Quote from: Jacob on August 19, 2023, 10:03:59 AMIt might help Ramaswamy, but I'm not convinced that a non-white person can win the GOP primary.

I dont know. They desperately want to show they're not racist..so he may be the guy. Face it he is quite electable, can appeal to a strong young demographic. I mean, him v. Biden?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Habbaku

Quote from: HVC on August 24, 2023, 01:08:38 AMYou assholes are going to elect trump again, aren't you?

Didn't you say this in 2020?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

DGuller

Quote from: Habbaku on August 24, 2023, 08:20:49 AM
Quote from: HVC on August 24, 2023, 01:08:38 AMYou assholes are going to elect trump again, aren't you?

It's not like we dodged that bullet by a mile.  I remember losing at least 5 years of my life to stress that election night, because the electoral college math was way too close then and still wound up way too close.

Gups

I read that when asked whether climate change had anything to do with fossil fuels, not one of them raised his/her hand.

I should be numbed to his by now, but I still find it shocking.

HVC

Quote from: Habbaku on August 24, 2023, 08:20:49 AM

And I was almost right  :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Caliga

Quote from: Gups on August 24, 2023, 09:38:01 AMI read that when asked whether climate change had anything to do with fossil fuels, not one of them raised his/her hand.

I should be numbed to his by now, but I still find it shocking.
I don't think any of them are that stupid.  But the people whose votes they are courting are, and so they all have to lie.  It's a shame.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points