And we're back!

Main Menu

STELLARIS: New Paradox Game in SPAAAACE

Started by Syt, July 30, 2015, 10:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Quote from: Liep on August 05, 2015, 07:18:20 AM
Next hint:

I have seen things you people wouldnt believe..

So it has androids? Or is this just to say it's set in the future?

"You people"? And a black guy?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Zanza

Good. A lot of the mechanics from EU or CK lend themselves to a 4X space game. I am looking forward to it.

crazy canuck

Agreed.  I look forward to seeing those complex game engines unencumbered by the need for obtaining historical outcomes.

Syt

Yeah, this should be interesting, and if done right might dethrone Distant Worlds from my personal space 4X/grand strategy list.

And there's going to be the inevitable Star Trek mod.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

I will probably play it.
But...
I don't know. No space 4x game has really grabbed me since MOO2.
A lot of them have nice features and are worth a game or two but generally...meh.
This being paradox though, makers of some of my most played games....hmm....
██████
██████
██████

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

Quote from: Tyr on August 05, 2015, 01:34:09 PM
I will probably play it.
But...
A lot of them have nice features and are worth a game or two but generally...meh.

I can not play MoO2 anymore, and I played it a lot in its first 5 to 10 years. It was a very good game, but I find GalCiv2 with expansions, Endless Space and Distant Worlds all surpass it - but that's my opinion, and you are entitled to disagree, of course. :)
—Stephen Jay Gould

dps

Quote from: Syt on August 05, 2015, 01:44:30 PM
Quote from: Tyr on August 05, 2015, 01:34:09 PM
I will probably play it.
But...

I can not play MoO2 anymore, and I played it a lot in its first 5 to 10 years. It was a very good game, but I find GalCiv2 with expansions, Endless Space and Distant Worlds all surpass it - but that's my opinion, and you are entitled to disagree, of course. :)

I've actually gone back to the original MoO.

Tonitrus

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Liep on August 05, 2015, 01:37:09 PM
https://m.imgur.com/a/wAJgu
A Tezhnid Confederation and a Tezhnid League?  :hmm:

So, looks like species aren't neccessarily going to be united.

Also, 1st Star Flock? Bird people maybe?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Rex Francorum

Bleh, looks boring. Will wait for an update on historical games. However I understand the need for Paradox to expand the scope of its production.
To rent

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)