News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

STELLARIS: New Paradox Game in SPAAAACE

Started by Syt, July 30, 2015, 10:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Project "Augustus": https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?forums/project-augustus.900/

Hints so far:
#1: This will be our first new major IP released since the original Crusader Kings over 10 years ago.
#2: Seven and Three are important numbers.
#3: There will be no stabbing of pigs.
#4: Terrain truly matters in this game.
#5: Game Director is Henrik Fåhraeus, 15 year industry veteran, lead designer behind the Crusader Kings and Hearts of Iron series.
#6: Elections and Technological Development are important parts of the game.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Obviously it is Roman. The seven hills and the Triumvirate. But if it is a new IP it cannot be Rome 2.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Liep

Quote from: Valmy on July 30, 2015, 10:39:44 AM
Obviously it is Roman. The seven hills and the Triumvirate. But if it is a new IP it cannot be Rome 2.

Wasn't it called Europa Universalis: Rome or something? Easy to just call that a spin off and call the new one something rome related.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Brain

Three rings for the elven kings under the sky
Seven for the dwarf lords in their halls of stone
No more than this for copyright reasons
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote from: The Brain on July 30, 2015, 11:52:22 AM

Why would technology and elections be important for that world? :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

The Brain

Quote from: Valmy on July 30, 2015, 11:57:40 AM
Quote from: The Brain on July 30, 2015, 11:52:22 AM

Why would technology and elections be important for that world? :P

Oh, "elections". :blush:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Syt

Either something about antiquity (ancient Rome), or maybe something Sci-Fi (they reworked the random map generator for EU4, after all ...)?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Drakken

But they announced there won't be stabbing of pigs.  :hmm:

Valmy

Quote from: Drakken on July 30, 2015, 02:10:15 PM

But they announced there won't be stabbing of pigs.  :hmm:

Yes. As in not like that other roman game ;)

Drakken

They also said Rome 2 wasn't in the cards either. ;)

I'd fawn over a Diadochi grand strategy game. Playing the Ptolemies interbreeding themselves into mental retardation and lethal family politics.  :blush:

Valmy

Quote from: Drakken on July 30, 2015, 02:24:12 PM

I'd fawn over a Diadochi grand strategy game. Playing the Ptolemies interbreeding themselves into mental retardation and lethal family politics.  :blush:

Huh...well...I guess there were three great kingdoms that came out of that...but what about seven? Were there originally seven contenders? Can I be: Antigonus the One-Eyed?

Drakken

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on July 30, 2015, 02:27:34 PM
Quote from: Drakken on July 30, 2015, 02:24:12 PM

Huh...well...I guess there were three great kingdoms that came out of that...but what about seven? Were there originally seven contenders? Can I be: Antigonus the One-Eyed?

Chinese strategy game then? The Three Kingdoms period and the The Seven Warring States.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point