News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Total War: Warhammer is coming

Started by Solmyr, January 14, 2015, 06:12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

My ears were too busy orgasming to Deathclaw's roar to notice.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Brain

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Some dude talking about his experience at E3 talking to the devs and watching them play the game. The hype train is rolling!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R80wYsso5sc

1 Karma Chameleon point

Lettow77

Hard to be hype for a game that will be gimped on release. Even assuming it somehow evades a shaky creative assembly launch, it's still going to be coming out with four (or five? Chaos is unclear) factions.

How they set out to have a warhammer fantasy with no elves of any stripe is beyond me. Similarly, Skaven are a unique and very fun part of the setting that feel very conspicuous in their absence.  Given their anemic release, I find it odd they went with dwarves, who are so comparatively unpopular and have such overlap with empire anyway.

In a year after it's had its stabilizing patches and the various piecemeal faction releases have been doled out, it'll be worth picking up. Even then, i'm suspicious the more fringe factions like Wood Elves, Lizardmen or Ogres will ever get to see the light of day.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Josquius

Dwarves are awesome and integral to warhammer.

But yes. I am skeptical. It will probably be yet another TW siege em up/ rugby scrum battle sim
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Lettow77 on June 22, 2015, 12:22:59 PM
Hard to be hype for a game that will be gimped on release. Even assuming it somehow evades a shaky creative assembly launch, it's still going to be coming out with four (or five? Chaos is unclear) factions.

How they set out to have a warhammer fantasy with no elves of any stripe is beyond me. Similarly, Skaven are a unique and very fun part of the setting that feel very conspicuous in their absence.  Given their anemic release, I find it odd they went with dwarves, who are so comparatively unpopular and have such overlap with empire anyway.

In a year after it's had its stabilizing patches and the various piecemeal faction releases have been doled out, it'll be worth picking up. Even then, i'm suspicious the more fringe factions like Wood Elves, Lizardmen or Ogres will ever get to see the light of day.
There are going to be two expansions, that's another six to eight factions right there without even taking DLC into account. The Wood Elves, as a faction that borders the Empire will certainly make the cut.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Habbaku

I find it impossible to get hype before I see the strategic map.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

jimmy olsen

Angry Joe interviews Creative Assembly Battle Designer Simon Mann

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVgIWhf8-SA

EDIT: Army painter DLC mentioned.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

Am I the only one who hates that these days you can hardly read any coverage anymore - everybody is just making a fucking video?

The Brain

Quote from: Martinus on June 23, 2015, 03:15:06 AM
Am I the only one who hates that these days you can hardly read any coverage anymore - everybody is just making a fucking video?

I agree that it is horrible. I don't want to watch a fucking video.