News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Skyrim

Started by viper37, September 27, 2011, 10:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: Tamas on November 11, 2011, 02:51:42 AMNice business model, Bethesda.

I guess converting the price into forint caused a stack overflow, so they had to take it out.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

Quote from: Syt on November 11, 2011, 01:27:25 AM
The first TES game I seriously played was Morrowind. Its strange, alien world just had me exploring for hours on end, just wondering what behind that next ridge, around that next corner would be. Walking in a sandstorm through a city built into giant crab shells, watching the sunrise in Vivek, or taking those first steps from the harbor to Balmora, it was filled with wonder.

Oblivion left me very cold. It looked nice, but it just didn't click. The landscape was way too cluttered with caves, ruins and such for my taste, and the classic medieval European setting didn't captivate me a lot. I thought at the time that Gothic 2 had done a better job at creating a (much more limited) open, living world.
I agree with both paragraphs about 100% (except the part about Gothic 2, which I've never played).
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Richard Hakluyt

Yes, Morrowind was one of my all-time favourites; I would just wander about exploring and trying to find out what was going on and why.

Crazy_Ivan80

it looks very pretty, a notch up from even modden Oblivion. And the people look like people too now. Can't wait for the modding to start as I'm not too happy about how the controls are mapped. It's time that this perfidious consolitis is dealth with.

grumbler

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on November 11, 2011, 07:25:41 AM
Yes, Morrowind was one of my all-time favourites; I would just wander about exploring and trying to find out what was going on and why.
Morrowind looked beautiful and had atmosphere, for sure.  The quests were not so great - lots of fetch quests or "go here, kill this" quests.  The mods made that game from a questing standpoint.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on November 11, 2011, 07:45:14 AM
it looks very pretty, a notch up from even modden Oblivion. And the people look like people too now. Can't wait for the modding to start as I'm not too happy about how the controls are mapped. It's time that this perfidious consolitis is dealth with.

Dunno, as I play a fair bit on the XBox360 I don't mind it all that much anymore, to be honest.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

There is only so many types of quests you can do.  Most are variations on "Go here, do this".
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

FunkMonk

I'll get this after a decent mod comes out and the consolitis is removed.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

grumbler

Quote from: Razgovory on November 11, 2011, 08:07:26 AM
There is only so many types of quests you can do.  Most are variations on "Go here, do this".
Naturally.  That is what quests are:  expeditions to accomplish prescribed feats.  What is your point?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

HVC

i may or may not get this game. I liked Morrowind, but that may be a fluke becasue i've disliked very RPG i've played since. But my question is, if i get it, should i get the PS3 or Comp version. My computer meets the recommended requirements.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Darth Wagtaros

Are the controls for the PC version easy or at least intuitive?   I've never played games like these before, though I have Morrowind somewheres, but I don't wanna buy it and have to remember a hundred different controls.  They don't really make the keyboard overlays anymore. :(
PDH!

Grey Fox

Cant you customize the controls?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

ulmont

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on November 11, 2011, 11:34:28 AM
Are the controls for the PC version easy or at least intuitive?

In the main, it's similar to morrowind.  WASD movement, left mouse to attack with your right hand weapon / spell, right mouse to block (if a shield is there), attack with left hand weapon or left hand spell.

The menus are annoying, though.  A 360 controller is probably the best way to play even the PC version.

The Brain

Quote from: ulmont on November 11, 2011, 12:36:30 PM
Are the controls for the PC version easy or at least intuitive?

In the main, it's similar to morrowind.  WASD movement, left mouse to attack with your right hand weapon / spell, right mouse to block (if a shield is there), attack with left hand weapon or left hand spell.

Whoa. No simpler controls?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

Are the controls for the PC version easy or at least intuitive?   I've never played games like these before, though I have Morrowind somewheres, but I don't wanna buy it and have to remember a hundred different controls.  They don't really make the keyboard overlays anymore. :( 
The game has no mapable keyboard shortcuts (though those will be added by the script extender mods that will come out soon after release).  Scrolling through the lists and menus will be the most annoying feature of the interface, I suspect, until the Darnified UI comes out.

Bayraktar!