News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Victoria 3

Started by Syt, May 21, 2021, 01:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

The map font always seemed a bit familiar ...

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

grumbler

But they are leaving in the ludicrous costs for expeditions?  Or did they fix that already?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Josephus

Quote from: Syt on December 02, 2022, 02:40:45 AMAnd I'm really looking forward to harbors providing more convoys, because - has anyone ever NOT gotten the "trade route needs more convoys" alert spammed ALL THE TIME? :D

Yeah in my first couple games I kept building and uprgrading more ports, but now I ignore it.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Syt

Wanted to finish my US playthrough on the weekend, but then I realized that I had loaded it with the wrong set of mods that changed some things I didn't like. And of course V3 lets you load save with additional mods, but not if you remove mods. So ... yeah. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Wouldn't be a Paradox patch without new surprise mechanics. I ran two observer games while working, but this is from the bug forums:

- several POPs (Capitalists, Shopkeepers, Bureaucrats at least) in factories become politically inactive (would explain why I saw 75% trade union clout in Absolutist Prussia ... )
- AI sometimes seems to not man fronts. E.g. I saw US not sending a single general to fight natives during colonization (even though they had some mobilized), and I don't seem to be the only one seeing that.
- Legitimacy calculation for reforming government seems broken at the moment

Those seem to be the biggest ones so far. Fingers crossed for a hotfix.  <_<
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

Quote- AI sometimes seems to not man fronts. E.g. I saw US not sending a single general to fight natives during colonization (even though they had some mobilized), and I don't seem to be the only one seeing that.

That was sometime an issue in previous versions as well.
Quote- Legitimacy calculation for reforming government seems broken at the moment

Has this been confirmed? They changed the calculations rather drastically, maybe/hopefully its just people complaining before reading?

Syt

Quote from: Tamas on December 05, 2022, 10:28:56 AMHas this been confirmed? They changed the calculations rather drastically, maybe/hopefully its just people complaining before reading?

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/victoria-iii-reforming-government-legitimacy-score-is-not-calculated-properly.1560879/

QuotePlease explain the issue you experienced in the most condensed way possible
No matter the composition of a government, the legitimacy score is calculated weirdly, giving mostly 80-99 values when every IG is in it.

Please explain how to reproduce the issue
Play as any nation, put everyone in the government, enjoy your high legitimacy score.

QuoteThank you for reaching out to us with a report on issues you've encountered with legitimacy not being coherent with the amount of IGs added to the government.

Luckily, this was already spotted internally, and the team is trying to look for solutions to tackle it. Nonetheless, I'll make sure to forward your thread to the bug database entry.

There are some "moaners" (e.g. Oligarchy allowing bigger ideological mismatch than Republic between government members), but this seems separate. It might be related to certain POPs becoming politically inactive, giving outsized clout to some IGs which then makes ideology not matter too much? Unsure.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Quote from: Tamas on December 05, 2022, 10:28:56 AMThat was sometime an issue in previous versions as well.

Sure, but not like this, I think?

—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

On the issues of IG clout - this is in 1901.

Industrialists were marginalized in all three economies.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

FFS Paradox.

Thanks Syt.

I think the clout thing is a fairly easy fix? I'll check when I am done working and create my mini-mod, probably, instead of waiting for a hotfix.

Syt

Quote from: Syt on December 05, 2022, 10:12:26 AM- AI sometimes seems to not man fronts. E.g. I saw US not sending a single general to fight natives during colonization (even though they had some mobilized), and I don't seem to be the only one seeing that.

Confirmed bug: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/victoria-iii-nations-arent-manning-their-frontlines-or-arent-mobilizing.1560904/
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Quote from: Tamas on December 05, 2022, 11:11:52 AMFFS Paradox.

Thanks Syt.

I think the clout thing is a fairly easy fix? I'll check when I am done working and create my mini-mod, probably, instead of waiting for a hotfix.

There's one for the political inactivity of pops: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2897906895

QuoteFixes the 1.1 Bug that causes Capitalists and bureaucrats and shopkeepers to have no interest in politics.

I'm honestly a bit annoyed. Sure, unexpected bugs can sneak in. But stuff like this which breaks key features advertised for the patch is incredibly frustrating.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

Yeah its a bummer I was looking forward to starting a game but with the legitimacy thing I am not keen on it.

Syt

Really weird one. Now, they added toast pop ups for a number of events (I'll stick with my settings for now, thank you) but not really any customization options for notifications.

However, they added this thing:

Which just echoes the number you get on the left hand side:

Keeping in mind that the right hand side can already get pretty crowded:

I could of course change UI scaling to 100% (I have it at 150%), but I don't think the eye strain is worth it. :P

(I shudder to think what it's like in 1080p - not a dig at people with that resolution, more of a dig at Paradox for their design choices there.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Giving France a go with the mod to fix capitalist etc. political inactivity. They start with industrialists in power (King being Industrialist :unsure: ). They start with slightly over 50% lgitimacy, and whoever I try to put in power brings it down due to ideological differences.

After a year or so I got messages about the government being illegitimate, so I checked their clout:

I guess building a whole bunch of farms at the start of the scenario to improve food supplies had a stronger effect than expected (Rural Folk jumped up).

And low legitimacy drove up radicalism till a number of new jobs became available:

—Stephen Jay Gould