News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

College Football, 2021-22

Started by grumbler, September 05, 2021, 05:53:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on November 07, 2022, 11:49:23 PMTexas sucks in the second half. Boy are they amazing in the first half though. They would be right there in the playoff hunt if they could play well in the second half.

Please fix that before Saturday.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Quote from: grumbler on November 08, 2022, 08:54:53 AM
Quote from: Valmy on November 07, 2022, 11:49:23 PMTexas sucks in the second half. Boy are they amazing in the first half though. They would be right there in the playoff hunt if they could play well in the second half.

Please fix that before Saturday.

Unlikely. TCU is the opposite, a team that screws around for three quarters and then storms back in the 4th quarter. So maybe Texas can build a 45-0 lead and hold on for dear life. Also TCU sucks against the run and the majority of our offense is Bijan Robinson, so that bodes well.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Hello darkness my old friend...

Sorry grumbler. Texas fails again.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

PDH

Wyoming gutted out a 14-13 win over arch-rival CSU.  Chants of "It sucks.  To be.  A C-S-U Ram." were heard in the visitor's locker room.

Surprisingly, Wyoming is now 7-3 (5-1 in the conference) and with a home game vs Boise State the division could be theirs.  Of course, this scenario happened when a certain Josh Allen was the QB, and Wyoming lost the conference championship.  But still, a guy's gotta hope before having all those dreams crushed by the reality that all true Wyoming fans secretly know.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Berkut

Well, that was one hell of a game.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on November 12, 2022, 11:33:50 PMHello darkness my old friend...

Sorry grumbler. Texas fails again.

That was a very surprising game.  Both defenses played surprisingly well.  Well, except for that one play...

Still, you can't feel terrible to lose by one score to the #4 team in the country.

Go Baylor!
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Berkut

Well I guess it doesn't get much bigger then undefeated Michigan playing undefeated Ohio State, does it?

0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: Berkut on November 25, 2022, 01:58:21 PMWell I guess it doesn't get much bigger then undefeated Michigan playing undefeated Ohio State, does it?
I mean, other then the Arizona-Arizona State game today, of course.

A game where the passion is so high because the stakes are so low....

0 rows returned

Valmy

Texas' entire season comes down to the Kansas-Kansas State game. Surely the most important game in College Football tomorrow.

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on November 25, 2022, 11:52:49 AMHaving fun grumbler?

I'll be having more fun when I see who suits up for Michigan tomorrow.  Being down both starting running backs, their best receiver, two starting offensive linemen, two best tight ends, one starting defensive lineman, their best linebacker, best corner, and best safety last week has me more than a bit concerned.  I'm hoping those were precautionary/healing sit-outs as opposed to actual injuries.

Hate Week has been fun, though.  It's nice to see the rivalry have national relevance for the first time in a few years.

Bayraktar!

Valmy

PDH

Something tells me Grumbler is going to down an entire amphora of wine he has been saving since the end of "The March Upcountry"
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Berkut

The referee on the game is someone I know and have reffed with a bunch. He is one of the best.

0 rows returned

grumbler

Quote from: PDH on November 26, 2022, 04:24:58 PMSomething tells me Grumbler is going to down an entire amphora of wine he has been saving since the end of "The March Upcountry"

Wasshat yu sayyyy?

Bayraktar!