News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bogh

My John Company 2e copy has arrived. Impressive production value, well run Kickstarter and I can't wait to try it (hopefully tonight).  :cool:

Habbaku

:yeah:

Looking forward to it, myself. I have a five-handed game of it scheduled later today.

Very glad I ordered the metal coins now, too.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Maladict

Spending a rainy Saturday playing Pursuit of Glory using the CDG Solo system. It's pretty good fun.
The system reduces my analysis paralysis by only having 2-4 playable cards, which is a nice bonus.

Habbaku

Quote from: Tamas on October 15, 2022, 09:09:26 AMI am so envious.

If you fly on down on a weekend, I can slot you in.  :P
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: Maladict on October 15, 2022, 09:35:06 AMSpending a rainy Saturday playing Pursuit of Glory using the CDG Solo system. It's pretty good fun.
The system reduces my analysis paralysis by only having 2-4 playable cards, which is a nice bonus.

Great game! If you ever want to do some PBEM via ACTS and Cyberboard, let me know. Always eager to get another game of PUG in.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Maladict

Quote from: Habbaku on October 15, 2022, 10:30:37 AM
Quote from: Maladict on October 15, 2022, 09:35:06 AMSpending a rainy Saturday playing Pursuit of Glory using the CDG Solo system. It's pretty good fun.

Great game! If you ever want to do some PBEM via ACTS and Cyberboard, let me know. Always eager to get another game of PUG in.

I'll keep it in mind, thanks!

bogh

Played my first game of JC tonight. Very cool, feels smoother than I thought it would and just clicked quickly for everyone involved. Can't wait to play again.

Habbaku

:cheers:

Felt the same way. Three of my five players were new to John Company and all really liked it. Plenty of hilarious narrative moments, nevermind the entertainment around the cruel incentives built into the system.

One of our players styled himself a Caesar and scored 8 victory tokens off of battles.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Darth Wagtaros

I got Gloomhaven and Charterstone for my birthday.

Also, Risk: Warhammer 40k.
PDH!

Habbaku

Charterstone was definitely worth the purchase for me. If you can't seat a full table, at least try to get 4 though. The game shines best for its legacy elements.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Darth Wagtaros

Played some Eclipse today. Been awhile nad it is a new version.  I had started a game on New Years, but had to leave due to over consumption of teh demon drink.
PDH!

Jacob

Played Galaxy Trucker over the holidays with the family. Pretty entertaining; will probably get it for our family.

Habbaku

Coming full-circle, I of course picked up Europa Universalis: The Price of Power.

I expect to get it played either this week or in a couple of weeks. It's a very piece-heavy game, to say the least.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Valmy

A board game based on a video game based on a board game. Woah.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."