News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

I will never not be amazed, baffled and slightly enraged by visual tricks like that. Like I imagine a cat trying to catch a light feels :blush:
Let's bomb Russia!

crazy canuck

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 16, 2022, 10:28:02 AMI will never not be amazed, baffled and slightly enraged by visual tricks like that. Like I imagine a cat trying to catch a light feels :blush:

That was on my twitter feed last week - I should have shared it with you  :D

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Sheilbh

First "jabs", now this :ph34r:
QuoteRuth Graham
@publicroad
An American at the airport just described herself to me as "queueing" ... this is probably inevitable now
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 19, 2022, 12:04:38 PMFirst "jabs", now this :ph34r:
QuoteRuth Graham
@publicroad
An American at the airport just described herself to me as "queueing" ... this is probably inevitable now

World conquest, one cultural appropriation at a time. :brit:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

You can only play the Queen Dies card once.  Our victory is inevitable.

The Larch

Now that's a gorgeous picture.  :)

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josquius

Nice photo.

Also cool in a different way. A reconstruction of Alexander the great based on his bust and descriptions:

██████
██████
██████

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

I completely agree most all of that, the Northeast is cold in more ways than one  :ph34r:

But I don't get the 'Hard R' states of the Southeast. Lots of Southern accents are non-rhotic.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Larch

Quote from: Valmy on September 24, 2022, 11:53:42 AMBut I don't get the 'Hard R' states of the Southeast. Lots of Southern accents are non-rhotic.

I took it to mean that they're super Republicans.

celedhring

Quote from: The Larch on September 24, 2022, 12:19:30 PM
Quote from: Valmy on September 24, 2022, 11:53:42 AMBut I don't get the 'Hard R' states of the Southeast. Lots of Southern accents are non-rhotic.

Thought the same at first, but VA has gone blue in every presidential election since Obama. And Biden won GA.

Valmy

Quote from: The Larch on September 24, 2022, 12:19:30 PM

Well Virginia isn't. North Carolina and Georgia are pretty purple.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."