News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

God Save The King

Started by Caliga, September 08, 2022, 12:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: Jacob on September 08, 2022, 06:34:27 PMSame with Denmark & Sweden. Apparently ~30 wars and we're definitely "sibling nations".
Yeah - while I'm pleased at everyone's friendly relations with their family, being mates isn't quite what a sibling is in my mind. It's more there's a lot of shared history, a fair bit of competitiveness but, as Jos says, having their back when it comes down to it - but that may also be projection on my part  :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

PRC

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 08, 2022, 04:51:39 PMAlso reading Macron's statement can't help but shake the feeling he'd quite like to be a monarch - or remember his analysis about the "figure of the king" being the great "absentee" in French politics. There was a Le Monde column - perhaps on that sibling/neighbourly contrast - of Macron attempting to fill the royal void in France, while the Queen helped make Britain forget the anachronism of monarchy.

To be fair, as French President Macron is the Co-Prince of Andorra.

crazy canuck

Just got notice, all QCs are now KCs

HVC

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 08, 2022, 07:45:54 PMJust got notice, all QCs are now KCs

Dairy Queen should change their name to capitalize on the free press
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

crazy canuck

Quote from: HVC on September 08, 2022, 07:55:16 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on September 08, 2022, 07:45:54 PMJust got notice, all QCs are now KCs

:D

Tonitrus

That wouldn't make sense...Kings cannot produce dairy.  :mad:

Admiral Yi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gcVIRSO1vg

Double rainbow over Buckingham just before announcement.

HVC

It's blocked here. Apparently Canadians aren't allowed to see rainbows.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

crazy canuck

Quote from: HVC on September 08, 2022, 09:09:14 PMIt's blocked here. Apparently Canadians aren't allowed to see rainbows.

At least the ones transmitted via the United States

Rex Francorum

I only have one thing to say  ;)   

To rent

Rex Francorum

To rent

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on September 08, 2022, 02:00:52 PM
Quote from: viper37 on September 08, 2022, 01:55:31 PM
Quote from: Barrister on September 08, 2022, 12:57:57 PMYou know what - with Ukraine making advances in the war, and with Her Majesty passing away, I think today is the day to take down the Ukrainian flag and put up the Canadian one again (at half mast of course).
Keep the Ukrainian flag up, they need the spirit more than the Royals.

But that's just it - I don't think they do right now.  They're kicking Russian ass right now.
Lot's of them are getting hurt and maimed by Russian artillery.  That's a real plight.  Meanwhile, Charles III has 500 millions in his bank account.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Rex Francorum on September 08, 2022, 09:23:57 PMI only have one thing to say  ;) 

Glad you are back with us.  But you do not have to wait for such extraordinary events to come back around, you know? ;)

Haendel is nice, btw. :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Tonitrus on September 08, 2022, 08:18:21 PM

That wouldn't make sense...Kings cannot produce dairy.  :mad:
In clownworld they can even be pregnant

That said: never thought it would happen, Charles becoming king that is. It was as if the queen would be here forever.