Main Menu

God Save The King

Started by Caliga, September 08, 2022, 12:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

God Save His Majesty Charles III, King of the United Kingdom

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

FunkMonk

https://twitter.com/RoyalFamily/status/1567928275913121792?t=kUm7-jZ0wK8-TD8Folyl5Q&s=19

QuoteThe Queen died peacefully at Balmoral this afternoon.

The King and The Queen Consort will remain at Balmoral this evening and will return to London tomorrow.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Caliga

Actually CNN just reported her death.

All Hail King Charles
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

PRC

Rest in Peace.

Truly the end of an era. 

Grey Fox

La reine est morte. Vive le Roi!

RIP, old lady. You were pretty cool, sometimes.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 08, 2022, 12:39:51 PMLa reine est morte. Vive le Roi!

RIP, old lady. You were pretty cool, sometimes.

The old lady jumped out an airplane with James Bond to start the 2012 Olympics!  Damn right she was cool.

The Queen is Dead.  God Save the King.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Sheilbh

RIP.

It is incredibly jarring hearing the BBC immediately jump to "the King and his consort" etc.
Let's bomb Russia!

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Valmy

Wow. I never thought this day would come somehow.

RIP Liz.

Good luck Chuck.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

Well thats unexpected today.
██████
██████
██████

Zanza

Rest in peace.  :(

Very impressive life.

Barrister

Since my job title has the word "Crown" in it I'm waiting to see if we have any particular instructions on what to do as a result.  Nothing so far.  Flags at the Edmonton Police that I can see out my window have not been lowered.

You know what - with Ukraine making advances in the war, and with Her Majesty passing away, I think today is the day to take down the Ukrainian flag and put up the Canadian one again (at half mast of course).
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Jacob