News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Acts of Terrorism megathread

Started by mongers, August 04, 2016, 08:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Quote from: The Brain on August 23, 2022, 02:03:58 AMA suspicious bag in central Stockholm during a festival with lots of people was removed by the police. It has been confirmed that it was a bomb. No info about suspects or leads is available.

A group of 15-year-olds are suspects.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

A number of people glued themselves to one of the main roads leading to one of the major hospitals in Stockholm, blocking several ambulances from reaching the hospital.

Jacob

Quote from: The Brain on August 29, 2022, 03:44:10 AM
Quote from: The Brain on August 23, 2022, 02:03:58 AMA suspicious bag in central Stockholm during a festival with lots of people was removed by the police. It has been confirmed that it was a bomb. No info about suspects or leads is available.

Was there some sort of ideological motive involved, or is that still unclear?

The Brain

Quote from: Jacob on August 29, 2022, 03:51:36 AM
Quote from: The Brain on August 29, 2022, 03:44:10 AM

Was there some sort of ideological motive involved, or is that still unclear?

No info yet that I've seen.

grumbler

Quote from: The Brain on August 29, 2022, 03:45:44 AMA number of people glued themselves to one of the main roads leading to one of the major hospitals in Stockholm, blocking several ambulances from reaching the hospital.

File that one under "problems you can solve with a machete."
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Brain

Quote from: grumbler on August 30, 2022, 05:55:10 AM
Quote from: The Brain on August 29, 2022, 03:45:44 AMA number of people glued themselves to one of the main roads leading to one of the major hospitals in Stockholm, blocking several ambulances from reaching the hospital.

File that one under "problems you can solve with a machete."

Yeah. Criminals who think they are fighting a good fight are annoying af.

mongers

A terrorist bombing in Istanbul's main shopping street killed six and injured many more yesterday; ISIL?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Larch

Quote from: mongers on November 14, 2022, 09:14:28 AMA terrorist bombing in Istanbul's main shopping street killed six and injured many more yesterday; ISIL?

Turkey, as usual, blames the Kurds.

viper37

Quote from: The Larch on November 14, 2022, 09:21:51 AM
Quote from: mongers on November 14, 2022, 09:14:28 AMA terrorist bombing in Istanbul's main shopping street killed six and injured many more yesterday; ISIL?

Yeah, read that today.  They already know who did it, all the accomplices (all 41 of it), where the order came from, which group ordered it... Men, it almost looks like they already had a story prepared for the next attack.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: viper37 on November 15, 2022, 02:27:36 PM

Yeah, read that today.  They already know who did it, all the accomplices (all 41 of it), where the order came from, which group ordered it... Men, it almost looks like they already had a story prepared for the next attack.

Then it's likely to be Daesh or some other islamist group but Erdogan won't recognize it.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on November 15, 2022, 03:39:44 PM

Then it's likely to be Daesh or some other islamist group but Erdogan won't recognize it.
If so, can't expect Erdogan to push his fellow travellers under the bus eh.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on November 15, 2022, 03:59:42 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on November 15, 2022, 03:39:44 PM

If so, can't expect Erdogan to push his fellow travellers under the bus eh.

Well, Iznogoud lost control of the situation again as the typical wizard apprentice.

Syt

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-63885028

QuoteGermany arrests 25 accused of plotting coup

Twenty-five people have been arrested in raids across Germany on suspicion of plotting to overthrow the government.

German reports say the group of far-right and ex-military figures planned to storm the parliament building, the Reichstag, and seize power.

A German man referred to as a prince called Heinrich XIII, 71, is alleged to have been central to their plans.

According to federal prosecutors, he is one of two alleged ringleaders among those arrested across 11 German states.

The plotters are said to include members of the extremist Reichsbürger [Citizens of the Reich] movement, which has long been in the sights of German police over violent attacks and racist conspiracy theories. They also refuse to recognise the modern German state.

An estimated 50 men and women are alleged to have been part of the group who are said to have plotted to overthrow the republic and replace it with a new state modelled on the Germany of 1871 - an empire called the Second Reich.

"We don't yet have a name for this group," said a spokeswoman for the federal prosecutor's office.

Raids took place in much of the country and two people were arrested in Austria and Italy, Germany's DPA news agency reported. Those detained were due to be questioned later in the day.

Justice Minister Marco Buschmann tweeted that a major anti-terror operation was taking place and a suspected "armed attack on constitutional bodies was planned".

The federal prosecutor said the group had been plotting a violent coup since November 2021.

Former members of the military were also a significant part of the coup plot, reports said. They included ex-elite soldiers from special units.

The plotters had already established plans to rule Germany, the federal prosecutor's office said. Members understood they could only realise their goals by "military means and violence against state representatives" and that included carrying out killings.

Public broadcaster ZDF reported that a former far-right member of the lower house of parliament, the Bundestag, was also part of the plot and was lined up to be installed as the group's justice minister, with Prince Heinrich as leader.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Sheilbh

Mad. I did not know that Treaty of Versailles truthers were a thing :huh: :blink:
Quote75-year-old arrested for plotting to kidnap German health minister
The professor of theology also procured weapons and explosives to bring down the country's power grid, authorities say.
By Tristan Fiedler
October 14, 2022 2:35 pm CET

German police in Rhineland-Palatinate on Thursday arrested a 75-year-old woman for plotting to kidnap Health Minister Karl Lauterbach and bring down the country's power grid.

According to reports by the German news outlet T-Online the woman is called Elisabeth R., a professor of theology from the University of Mainz who has worked as a protestant pastor.

She was active in the militant anti-vax movement that holds Lauterbach accountable for the country's hawkish approach toward COVID-19 and sees him as their arch-enemy. Elisabeth R. promoted conspiracy theories about "secretive remodeling of brain structures" in this context and made anti-Semitic remarks about the "world jewry."

Four other members of a group called "United Patriots," of which Elisabeth R. is the leader, have also been arrested, according to the authorities. She was already stripped of her pension after attracting attention due to anti-constitutional statements years ago.

Elisabeth R. was involved in procuring weapons and explosives, and had proposed specific dates for the implementation of the plan, authorities said. The group's goal was to incite a civil war in Germany and to restore the German empire of 1871, authorities added.

Elisabeth R. has signed an open letter stating that the Treaty of Versailles had not come about legally and that she still lives a parliamentary monarchy — without an emperor since October 28, 1918.
Let's bomb Russia!