What does a BIDEN Presidency look like?

Started by Caliga, November 07, 2020, 12:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoupa

Quote from: Barrister on July 15, 2022, 03:28:04 PM
Quote from: Zoupa on July 15, 2022, 03:21:03 PMThe problem with Manchin re: climate change is his personal vested interest in coal and gas. The conflict of interest is staggering.

He still represents a massive coal and gas producing state in West Virginia.

I just think he's a terrible human being. I have real trouble understanding politicians having this mix of profiteering and grandstanding.

You're fucking old and you're filthy rich. Just fucking vote for it.

Eddie Teach

Why is it always on Manchin? Why not put more effort in peeling a Republican?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Zoupa

Zoupa

Whose gonna vote for it on the fascist side of the aisle? Collins? Murkowski?

Gimme a break.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Zoupa on July 16, 2022, 03:18:08 AMWhose gonna vote for it on the fascist side of the aisle? Collins? Murkowski?

Gimme a break.

I don't understand what you want a break on.

Manchin is not going to vote for it.  So he is exactly like all the Republicans who are not going to vote for it in that regard.

Oexmelin

Quote from: Barrister on July 15, 2022, 03:28:04 PMHe still represents a massive coal and gas producing state lobby in West Virginia.
Que le grand cric me croque !

alfred russel

Quote from: Zoupa on July 16, 2022, 12:25:07 AM
Quote from: Barrister on July 15, 2022, 03:28:04 PM
Quote from: Zoupa on July 15, 2022, 03:21:03 PMThe problem with Manchin re: climate change is his personal vested interest in coal and gas. The conflict of interest is staggering.

He still represents a massive coal and gas producing state in West Virginia.

I just think he's a terrible human being. I have real trouble understanding politicians having this mix of profiteering and grandstanding.

You're fucking old and you're filthy rich. Just fucking vote for it.

If you want a guy that is going to vote for climate stuff, then maybe don't run guys that campaign on their good relationship with the NRA, are pro-life if kind of squishy about it, and are so against climate stuff they literally shoot obama's major bill with a shotgun.

Of course if they didn't run such a guy in west virginia then the senate majority leader would be mitch mcconnell.

The democrats are much better off with Manchin in the senate. If they ran clones of him in every super republican state it would be a tremendous play.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Zoupa

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 16, 2022, 04:36:35 AM
Quote from: Zoupa on July 16, 2022, 03:18:08 AMWhose gonna vote for it on the fascist side of the aisle? Collins? Murkowski?

Gimme a break.

Manchin is not going to vote for it.  So he is exactly like all the Republicans who are not going to vote for it in that regard.

You said you don't get why I laughed. I laughed because it's ridiculous to even think about getting any GOPtard vote on climate or taxes.

Am I going crazy or did you and Eddie not pay attention to the last 30 years?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Zoupa on July 16, 2022, 12:41:21 PMYou said you don't get why I laughed. I laughed because it's ridiculous to even think about getting any GOPtard vote on climate or taxes.

Fair enough.  I didn't understand what you were laughing at.

alfred russel

Quote from: Zoupa on July 16, 2022, 12:41:21 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 16, 2022, 04:36:35 AM

Gimme a break.

You said you don't get why I laughed. I laughed because it's ridiculous to even think about getting any GOPtard vote on climate or taxes.

I mean there was a 50-50 senate like today but with a republican VP which gave republicans control and democrats took control by getting Jim Jeffords to defect from the party. Arlen Specter was also convinced to defect which ultimately got them a filibuster proof majority for a time under obama.

They get some GOP votes on all sorts of stuff.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Look Manchin is useful because he is not pathologically obstructionist and will vote for appointments and other things. We just aren't going to get any progressive legislation through with him and Sinema being deciding votes. But we can pass things and we did, which is more than it looked like when Joe Biden was first elected.

I think in the national view people take of politics where it is always red vs blue instead of state vs state or region vs region that Manchin wasn't elected to represent Democrats, he was elected to represent West Virginia. I am just glad he is not a Republican even if his thinking is often more conservative than many of them, but he isn't a partisan enemy so he can be dealt with to achieve some things. There is that at least.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

I challenge anyone to find a more bizarre campaign ad than this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_auXN7DzfY

Zoupa

Eddie Teach

Sorry, Mr Crenshaw, I don't have the patience for a three minute ad. At least not that one.  <_<
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?