News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

General issues

Started by Baron von Schtinkenbutt, July 09, 2013, 06:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: Razgovory on March 25, 2022, 06:51:59 PMEveryone is back to ignoring me again. :(
Apparently I actually used to have you on ignore, as when we upgraded the forum software you immediately went back on ignore for me.

I don't know why I did, though.  You seem like a reasonably chill dude these days.

Now katmai on the other hand  :mad:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Habbaku

I don't ignore Raz any more.  :)
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

grumbler

I've never ignored Raz, I just stated some time ago my desire not to get dragged into catfights with him.  That was long ago, though, and I no longer feel that way. 

On another forum, I do have people on my ignore list, because they are nationalist goobers who put no thought into their posts.  I've never really thought we had people like that here.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

DGuller

On the forums where I do use the ignore function, I use it only on posters who are pests.  Those are the posters who add to noise without eliciting any response except for slight annoyance that their low content posts cause.  I never found ignore to work on posters I don't get along with, regardless of whether I publicly declared that I'm ignoring them or just did it quietly.

viper37

Quote from: grumbler on March 29, 2022, 05:49:20 PMI've never ignored Raz, I just stated some time ago my desire not to get dragged into catfights with him.  That was long ago, though, and I no longer feel that way. 
So you now want to be dragged into catfights with him?  Weird.

:P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josephus

Is there a "permanent" log in mode? Right now it only allows me to log in for a max of one month
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

The Larch

Quote from: Josephus on March 30, 2022, 11:24:48 AMIs there a "permanent" log in mode? Right now it only allows me to log in for a max of one month

There's a "Forever" option, IIRC.

garbon

Quote from: The Larch on March 30, 2022, 11:49:53 AM
Quote from: Josephus on March 30, 2022, 11:24:48 AMIs there a "permanent" log in mode? Right now it only allows me to log in for a max of one month

There's a "Forever" option, IIRC.

Yep
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

ulmont

The "Receive message body in emails" setting for the alerts doesn't seem to be working - I was experimenting with getting updates to the topics I'm reading sent to me daily, but while I do get a list of "X posts in Y thread", the message body is not coming through at all.

Tamas

How do I prevent this bloody forum for displaying my bloody email address?

HVC

Quote from: Tamas on January 04, 2023, 07:56:34 AMHow do I prevent this bloody forum for displaying my bloody email address?

I think only you can see your own email. If that's not the case then I too would like the answer lol
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

Quote from: HVC on January 04, 2023, 09:04:22 AM
Quote from: Tamas on January 04, 2023, 07:56:34 AMHow do I prevent this bloody forum for displaying my bloody email address?

I think only you can see your own email. If that's not the case then I too would like the answer lol

Yeah I can't see Tamas's email but can see my own.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Syt

Quote from: Jacob on March 01, 2022, 03:08:46 PMDoes the new software have an option to implement spoiler blocks? It's a pretty handy feature, IMO.

Do we have any chance of getting them back? It would be awesome for discussion of ongoing TV shows. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josephus

Quote from: Syt on March 19, 2023, 01:36:41 AM
Quote from: Jacob on March 01, 2022, 03:08:46 PMDoes the new software have an option to implement spoiler blocks? It's a pretty handy feature, IMO.

Do we have any chance of getting them back? It would be awesome for discussion of ongoing TV shows. :)

Use the colour white tags
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011