News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

General issues

Started by Baron von Schtinkenbutt, July 09, 2013, 06:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

We are now SSL-ified.  If you can't log in for some reason, try clearing your cache.  I'm going to check things and see if anything isn't quire working right.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DGuller

Josephus

Don't know what that means. But  :showoff:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

frunk

Quote from: Josephus on March 06, 2022, 06:57:57 AMDon't know what that means. But  :showoff:

It means that the data from the Languish server to your computer is encrypted.  If you right click on a web page and select "view page source" that's what is sent from the server to you.  If it isn't encrypted anyone who can snoop on the traffic can see that.  Once it is encrypted then they can still tell that you are viewing a page from Languish, but it's much harder to figure out what you are looking at.

Josephus

Quote from: frunk on March 06, 2022, 07:55:08 AM
Quote from: Josephus on March 06, 2022, 06:57:57 AMDon't know what that means. But  :showoff:

It means that the data from the Languish server to your computer is encrypted.  If you right click on a web page and select "view page source" that's what is sent from the server to you.  If it isn't encrypted anyone who can snoop on the traffic can see that.  Once it is encrypted then they can still tell that you are viewing a page from Languish, but it's much harder to figure out what you are looking at.

thanks.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Admiral Yi

Does that mean guests can't read posts?

frunk

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 07, 2022, 08:17:52 AMDoes that mean guests can't read posts?

No, guests can use SSL as well.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 07, 2022, 08:17:52 AMDoes that mean guests can't read posts?

Think of it has encrypting the communication between you and your hospital so that your insurance can't read them.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

So any chance of getting photo uploads?
██████
██████
██████

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Sorry, it fell off my radar.  I'll look into it today and tomorrow.

BTW, is anyone still in contact with LaCroix?  He tried to reset his password, but his email is invalid.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

It seems attachments are only available when using the "full" reply interface (i.e., the UI you get when you click "Reply" at the bottom of the topic).  I haven't found a way to enable attachments for the "Quick Reply" UI that, I assume, most people are using.

Josquius

Ah OK I see it.
Quite a small max size, any way to edit that?
██████
██████
██████

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

I set it to 1 MiB per attachment and 4 MiB per post.

mongers

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on March 14, 2022, 06:46:14 AMI set it to 1 MiB per attachment and 4 MiB per post.

That makes a lot of sense, we don't really need to see full resolution photos from peoples smartphones; if people care enough about a pic to upload it to a post, then they'll be willing to edited it down to functional size.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"