What does a BIDEN Presidency look like?

Started by Caliga, November 07, 2020, 12:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

It's Tony Soprano with Pie-Oh-My. Philistines.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

DGuller

Quote from: Habbaku on February 24, 2022, 03:34:32 PM
It's Tony Soprano with Pie-Oh-My. Philistines.
Finally a cultured poster appears in this thread.  :hug:

mongers

No comments on this SOTU speech last night?

I thought it was good and he said what was needed about Ukraine.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

crazy canuck

It is really hard to listen to Biden speak through all his gaffs and especially a speech as important as that one.

Savonarola

Quote from: mongers on March 02, 2022, 10:12:58 AMNo comments on this SOTU speech last night?

I thought it was good and he said what was needed about Ukraine.

Before last night I was unaware you can't build a wall high enough to keep out a vaccine.  Judging by the look on Nancy Pelosi's face she wasn't either.

;)

By Biden standards it wasn't a bad speech (although even CNN's Chris Cillizza, who usually grades Biden public speaking on a very generous curve, called him out for confusing Ukrainians and Iranians); at very least his message on Ukraine was on target. 

Representatives Boebert's and Greene's behavior was both appalling and unsurprising.  (Assuming that they're re-elected) we should build them a special Statler and Waldorf box for the next State of the Union.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

The Larch

Quote from: Savonarola on March 02, 2022, 02:22:50 PMRepresentatives Boebert's and Greene's behavior was both appalling and unsurprising.  (Assuming that they're re-elected) we should build them a special Statler and Waldorf box for the next State of the Union.

What did they do?

Savonarola

Quote from: The Larch on March 02, 2022, 03:02:59 PM
Quote from: Savonarola on March 02, 2022, 02:22:50 PMRepresentatives Boebert's and Greene's behavior was both appalling and unsurprising.  (Assuming that they're re-elected) we should build them a special Statler and Waldorf box for the next State of the Union.

What did they do?

They heckled him throughout; this article (fittingly in the entertainment section) gives a detailed account.

Actually I think this picture:

Of them shouting "Build the wall" says it all.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Two economists examined state voter ID laws enacted between 2008 and 2018 and found no evidence of suppression.

Like I've been saying all along.

Fun factoid from the same Economist article: black turnout was higher than white turnout during Obama's general elections.

crazy canuck

Wait, two economists agreed on what a data set means?  That alone would give any reasonable person some pause as to just  how credible the analysis is.