News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

General issues

Started by Baron von Schtinkenbutt, July 09, 2013, 06:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Habbaku on February 28, 2022, 01:01:59 PMDo you have all the old themes that were installed prior to whatever changeover you did? I really hate the defaults.

I do, but they aren't compatible with 2.1.  I tried them yesterday.  I got to the point with one (Glacier) where I couldn't switch out of it from the web UI and had to manually edit the configuration on the server.

Grey Fox

@Habs, Exodus will be a good theme I believe with a familiar colour scheme.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Jacob

I have hidden the Back Alley subforum from view, given the lack of activity.

The posts are still there if for some reason there's a big outcry to bring the Back Alley back.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on February 28, 2022, 01:29:09 PMI have hidden the Back Alley subforum from view, given the lack of activity.

The posts are still there if for some reason there's a big outcry to bring the Back Alley back.

Now where are we supposed to do our business?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Larch

I just realized that this new version of the forum makes my profile location visible... :unsure:

Josquius

Quote from: The Larch on February 28, 2022, 03:12:45 PMI just realized that this new version of the forum makes my profile location visible... :unsure:

Vigo ey
:takes notes:
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

I've never hidden it.  :P

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: The Larch on February 28, 2022, 03:12:45 PMI just realized that this new version of the forum makes my profile location visible... :unsure:

Hmm, let me see if there's a switch I can flip.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

For the time being I have set location and gender to "Users cannot see it; owner and admins can edit it".  I'll look later to see if there is a way to make this decision available to individual users.

Syt

:shifty:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

KRonn

Thanks for your efforts Baron. I'm ok with the new format, looks good, a bit more color.

viper37

Quote from: Jacob on February 28, 2022, 01:29:09 PMI have hidden the Back Alley subforum from view, given the lack of activity.

I'm a Conservative and I'm extremely disturbed by all these quick changes.

:P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Couldn't log in all day long on my other computer.  Kept seeing "error" whenever I pressed the login button.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.