News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

General issues

Started by Baron von Schtinkenbutt, July 09, 2013, 06:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 27, 2022, 07:16:13 PMHey Moldy, have you read that stuff about needing an admin who's around most of the time?

Would you be willing (and are you able) to promote Jacob to that rank?

... but then you'll HAVE to be nice to me :ph34r:

Anyways, I was coming back to say I have a LOT more mod and admin settings available to me. I'm not going to look at them until it's necessary, but I'll try to take care of whatever maintenance I can.

Admiral Yi

Could you maybe give some thought to unblocking old members who have been locked out?  Like the changed email trap?

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 28, 2022, 03:04:00 AMCould you maybe give some thought to unblocking old members who have been locked out?  Like the changed email trap?

Sure... who needs unlocking and how? If there's personal information involved, send me a PM.

Admiral Yi

I don't have anyone on deck.  Just wanted to make sure you knew how to do it.

garbon

I see one thing we appear to have lost are spoiler tags.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Crazy_Ivan80

This theme actually works decently on mobile! Yay

garbon

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on February 28, 2022, 03:59:25 AMThis theme actually works decently on mobile! Yay

Yeah it isn't the mini view that we had. :cheers:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Duque de Bragança

Back to normal now, working for me at least.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

I'll install those themes after work today.  BTW, you are free to choose any theme I install to skin the site; you don't have to live with the default.  I have plenty of space so I don't mind adding even more upon request.

Also, I think I have the email integration working now.  That means you should start getting notifications, and the password reset process should work as intended again.

frunk

I got my email for the password reset, which is the only reason I'm back.  Thanks!

Syt

Quote from: frunk on February 28, 2022, 12:30:42 PMI got my email for the password reset, which is the only reason I'm back.  Thanks!
:hug:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: frunk on February 28, 2022, 12:30:42 PMI got my email for the password reset, which is the only reason I'm back.  Thanks!

Awesome!  There still seem to be some hiccups with the older entries in the mail queue, but at least the going-forward stuff is working.

Habbaku

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on February 28, 2022, 12:12:36 PMI'll install those themes after work today.  BTW, you are free to choose any theme I install to skin the site; you don't have to live with the default.  I have plenty of space so I don't mind adding even more upon request.

Also, I think I have the email integration working now.  That means you should start getting notifications, and the password reset process should work as intended again.

Do you have all the old themes that were installed prior to whatever changeover you did? I really hate the defaults.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien