News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Pax Languish (Pamir)

Started by Habbaku, November 29, 2021, 12:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Sorry, pre-Christmas is being pretty hectic, and I need to review the Dominance check rules before taking my turn. Will be posted in my evening.

Habbaku

Yeah, I figured a slowdown around this time would happen. No big deal.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

bogh

Sorry - didn't realize the turn had actually passed to you. Thought maybe Habs had missed my response to his request.

Habbaku

Quote from: bogh on December 21, 2021, 10:21:43 AM
Sorry - didn't realize the turn had actually passed to you. Thought maybe Habs had missed my response to his request.

Negative, though I was a bit delayed over the weekend even so. Thanks for checking.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

Quote from: celedhring on December 21, 2021, 07:58:11 AM
Sorry, pre-Christmas is being pretty hectic, and I need to review the Dominance check rules before taking my turn. Will be posted in my evening.

I believe the game board actually shows how many VPs each player would get if Dominance were checked right now. At the moment no empire is dominant, so Bogh would get 3 VP for having the most cylinders. Habs and Beeb are tied for second place, so they divide 1 VP between them rounding down, resulting in zero for both of them.

Don't think Cel can do anything about it. Even playing both his cards would not be enough for British dominance.

celedhring

Quote from: Solmyr on December 21, 2021, 02:17:55 PM
Don't think Cel can do anything about it. Even playing both his cards would not be enough for British dominance.

Pretty sure I can.

Purchase Conflict fatigue - coalitions are now dominant if they have 2 more blocks
Play European Cannons in Transcaspia (no ruler) - Britain is now dominant  :bowler:

Dominance triggers, I score 5, BB scores 3.

That is a legal move, I think? Also, how do I go about making the dominance check in Vassal? Do I have to do it manually? (it didn't trigger when I refreshed the market)

Habbaku

That's correct. The Dominance check will trigger during your market cleanup phase (you'll have to "purchase" the Dominance card manually, then implement each step, then do a market refresh), but there is a button that will clear up the blocks at least.

I will, of course, point out that that could have been prevented if Bogh had been more accepting of other Afghans coming on the board...

Edit: Sorry, mostly correct. Beeb has 1 patriot, so the VPs would be reversed--BB gets 5 VPs, Celedhring gets 3 in that situation.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

celedhring

The game is giving me the +5 - I have 2 loyalty points (I did purchase a gift in a previous turn), and BB shows as 1.

Habbaku

Quote from: celedhring on December 21, 2021, 03:43:04 PM
The game is giving me the +5 - I have 2 loyalty points (I did purchase a gift in a previous turn), and BB shows as 1.

I don't show you with a gift, though, and nor are the rupees in the correct location for that.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Just ran through all your previous turns. At no point did you purchase a gift.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

celedhring

Yeah, you're right - damn my brain is full of mud. Apologies, I went back to my turn and realized that I didn't go through with that gift purchase (now I remember that I decided not to spend the money and didn't make the play in the end), but forgot to correct the scorecard. Then both me and BB are at 1 influence.

Can Bogh fix the VP scoring? Turn is already up.

bogh

Sorry, I missed the VP scoring fixing request. BB (or someone after him) can fix it - it isn't urgent-urgent.

Took my turn, played into Herat and bought "Confidence failure" to swap hands with Habs.

Current board:

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

I found Rally the Troops recently: https://rally-the-troops.com/pax-pamir

:worthy:

The implementation is great, way better than Vassal, and allows for asynchronous play with email reminders when it's your turn. Highly recommended.

Who's up for a round of Pamir?

-J. R. R. Tolkien