News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Pax Languish (Pamir)

Started by Habbaku, November 29, 2021, 12:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Not quite.

Solmyr, battle actions must pick a single location to target--either a region or a court card. You can't split the battle power between two areas.

What do you really want to kill?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

Kill Mir Murad Beg then, leave the spy on Slave Markets.

Habbaku

Roger.

Unfortunately, have to pause here to ask permission:

Beeb, you have rulership of Kabul at the moment and I only have 1 rupee, therefore can't afford to pay the bribe to play Akhbar Khan. If you'll forgive the payment this round, I promise to do the same in Punjab and will also agree that your tribes in Kabul/Punjab are free from any harm by me until after the 2nd Dominance check.

I want to play Akhbar Khan so I can punish Solmyr for his effrontery.

Thoughts?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

My thoughts are that if Habs plays Akhbar Khan, he's just pushing himself closer to dominance again. Not sure why Beeb would want to let him do it for free. At least take the 1 rupee.

Of course, I also don't know what the Red Afghans' problem is with me, seeing as I'm nowhere near dominating. It seems that continuing to fight is a waste of resources (I remind you that the Afghans started first), but if I continue to be attacked then I will definitely focus on fighting back to the exclusion of everything else.

Habbaku

You initiating aggression on the board instead of keeping it to the courts is why the Red Afghans have a problem with you.  ;)

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

War is a mere continuation of politics by other means. ;)

But anyway, as said, if you stop attacking me, I'll stop attacking you.

Habbaku

I have my doubts about that considering where my spy is positioned in your court.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

You can always move him elsewhere. ;)

Barrister

Quote from: Habbaku on December 16, 2021, 01:42:08 PM
Roger.

Unfortunately, have to pause here to ask permission:

Beeb, you have rulership of Kabul at the moment and I only have 1 rupee, therefore can't afford to pay the bribe to play Akhbar Khan. If you'll forgive the payment this round, I promise to do the same in Punjab and will also agree that your tribes in Kabul/Punjab are free from any harm by me until after the 2nd Dominance check.

I want to play Akhbar Khan so I can punish Solmyr for his effrontery.

Thoughts?

In the words of Sally Brown:

All I want is what I have coming.  All I want is my fair share.

No rupee, no card.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Habbaku

Does that mean 1 rupee = yes or a hard no? Kinda need solid answers to proceed.  :D

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Barrister

Quote from: Habbaku on December 16, 2021, 03:00:37 PM
Does that mean 1 rupee = yes or a hard no? Kinda need solid answers to proceed.  :D

Sorry.

Hard no.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Habbaku

I have no idea why I am asking Beeb this when it's Bogh in charge of Kabul now that I look at the board again.  :lol:

Turn coming soon.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Actually, apologies for delay, but I pretty much have to offer Bogh the same deal as Beeb since he runs the shop in Kabul. Bogh?

-J. R. R. Tolkien

bogh

After a careful review, the wise rulers of Kabul have decided to deny the request.

bogh