News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Pax Languish (Pamir)

Started by Habbaku, November 29, 2021, 12:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Figured I'd start a thread to consolidate and ensure people are on board.

So far, we have myself, bogh, and Celedhring signed up. The game can support two more in order to make a total mess of Afghanistan.

Vassal module is here: https://obj.vassalengine.org/images/8/88/Pax_Pamir_2nd_edition-1-61-2.vmod

Rules are here: https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/174408/rulebook-pax-pamir-second-edition

I figure we're looking at a 24 hour response time when a player is up in order to keep the game moving. I am on hand to answer any rules questions, of course, but I think everything is pretty straightforward?

Post now if interested!
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

bogh

I am in, bringing my one game experience to the mix.

celedhring

As said in the other thread, I am in.

Habbaku

Four's a good number but I'll give it another day to see if someone wants to be our fifth.

Just in case I don't have it, please send me your email (unless Bogh wants to set up an Airtable page?).
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

bogh

I can certainly do a quick Airtable setup if that's preferable? The turn structure is simpler, so it might not be needed?

Barrister

Do you have room for a fifth?  I'm not a heavy grognard but this looks interesting...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Habbaku

Quote from: bogh on November 30, 2021, 02:35:22 PM
I can certainly do a quick Airtable setup if that's preferable? The turn structure is simpler, so it might not be needed?

Probably right that it wasn't needed. Hopefully people will just regularly check the thread and respond to the emails then.

And yes, we have room for a fifth, Beeb! I'll start us up as soon as I receive everyone's emails for file-sharing.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

I've sent out the setup file (Solmyr selects loyalty first) to everyone. If you did not receive it, please let me know ASAP and send me your email as well.

I've also attached a screenshot of the opening market for those paying attention at home. If you'd find it interesting (or useful, if you're new to Pamir), I'm more than happy to provide an overview of how I assess the market here.

Good luck!

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Barrister

I almost forgot I signed up for this! :lol:

Okay, going to go through the manual and things now.  Any hand-holding is well appreciated.

Harumph... can't install Vassal on my work computer.  WIll do so from home but will limit me to moves at night only - I'll see if maybe I can install on a USB stick to be able to do moves while at work.

When I follow through to the Vassal module it says there is no text?

Edit: at least on my end when I click Hab's link it doesn't pick up the closing bracket, thus leading to a dead link.  Just something to watch for.  I've got it now.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Habbaku

Quote from: Barrister on December 01, 2021, 01:54:23 PM
I almost forgot I signed up for this! :lol:

Okay, going to go through the manual and things now.  Any hand-holding is well appreciated.

Harumph... can't install Vassal on my work computer.  WIll do so from home but will limit me to moves at night only - I'll see if maybe I can install on a USB stick to be able to do moves while at work.

When I follow through to the Vassal module it says there is no text?

I've edited the module address. For some reason the link wasn't working! See also, below.

https://obj.vassalengine.org/images/8/88/Pax_Pamir_2nd_edition-1-61-2.vmod

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

And yes, no worries. Hand-holding is expected here. Night-time only moves aren't a big deal either as long as you can commit to the ~5 minutes it might take you when it's your turn.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

celedhring

Aren't we using a dropbox folder or similar for this? It would be handier, imho.

bogh

Yeah, I'll setup an Airtable for it. Stay tuned.

bogh

Airtable setup and invites sent out. Should be pretty self explanatory, but hit me up with any questions. Enable email notifications to get an email whenever your turn rolls around.