News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

KOTOR is getting a remake

Started by viper37, September 10, 2021, 03:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

A full remake, apparently, with the voice-actors re-hired&all that.  Not just a simple remaster.
Story by IGN
Text on Kotaku
The game is also coming on PC, not just PS5.  Sony is investing big in making all these remasters/remakes for its console.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Syt

Let the drama commence .... :D

Screenshots courtesy of the Shitty Gamer Takes Twitter: https://twitter.com/GamerTakes/status/1436575261408088064?s=20
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

Idiots notwithstanding, she doesn't have an easy job, that's for sure. I wonder how extensively it will be rewritten. Like, the whole "you're Revan" twist won't have the same punch now, for example.

HVC

Rewrite? judging by how the last movies plot was written we will found out Bastila was Revan's twin sister :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

viper37

Quote from: celedhring on September 11, 2021, 10:04:55 AM
Idiots notwithstanding, she doesn't have an easy job, that's for sure. I wonder how extensively it will be rewritten. Like, the whole "you're Revan" twist won't have the same punch now, for example.

I don't think they'll rewrite major parts, but they may add content that was cut and adjust things to make it fit.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Darth Wagtaros

Oooheee! Crazed SJW v Crazyed Triggered gamer snowflakes.  Maybe I'll buy it just to take both sides.

Maybe they can combine it with the second game, which was half-finished when it cam eout.
PDH!

Jacob

What is the substance behind the "she's a crazed SJW" sentiments?

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Jacob on September 13, 2021, 07:22:52 PM
What is the substance behind the "she's a crazed SJW" sentiments?
Because.  Probably?  It doesn't take much to be labeled a crazed fanatic these days.
PDH!

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Personally, I think there's some content that could bear rewriting ... like basically all the dark side choice dialogue so it's maybe more, how to phrase this ... subtle? :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

Jacob

So it's more of a she's-a-woman-and-gamberbro-outrage-generates-clicks type thing, it seems?

Sheilbh

Quote from: Syt on September 14, 2021, 07:02:15 AM
Personally, I think there's some content that could bear rewriting ... like basically all the dark side choice dialogue so it's maybe more, how to phrase this ... subtle? :P
I mean this is a theme in Star Wars - there's no slow slide into the dark side ever :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

celedhring

Quote from: Syt on September 14, 2021, 07:02:15 AM

You're talking about the universe where Anakin Skywalker is murdering children like 5 minutes into his dark side tour  :P

Valmy

I like how things get pronounced woke before they are even made. Personally it can be woke so long as it is good.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Valmy on September 14, 2021, 01:34:36 PM
I like how things get pronounced woke before they are even made. Personally it can be woke so long as it is good.
It'd be harder to get the outrage high though. 
PDH!