News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a BIDEN Presidency look like?

Started by Caliga, November 07, 2020, 12:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Ah well it just ended. Very kumbaya, I dug it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

We need more pics of Biden flirting with biker chicks.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 07, 2020, 08:27:22 PM
Quote from: Maladict on November 07, 2020, 08:07:49 PM
This thread is not going to sustain Languish like the previous one. :(

I think we might end up with a lot of  :pinch: from Biden's gaffe's and senility.  Maybe some discussion of Article 25.  Maybe discussion of resigning.

Haven't seen any of that from him lately.  Are we talking about the same guy?  I'm thinking about the guy that just won the election, and gave a long victory speech that was pretty much memorized.

He seems less prone to gaffes and senility than Bush Jr, or Sr, though not as energetic as, say, Obama or Bill Clinton.

Yeah, we might end up with premature senility, but he doesn't show signs of it.  He's smoother than all but a handful of his competitors, Republican or Democratic.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

derspiess

I think we might end up with a lot of  :pinch: from Biden's gaffe's and senility.  Maybe some discussion of Article 25.  Maybe discussion of resigning.

Duh.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

We'll see.

He is a baby compared to the fossils running the house  :ph34r:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Barrister

Quote from: grumbler on November 07, 2020, 10:54:34 PM

Haven't seen any of that from him lately.  Are we talking about the same guy?  I'm thinking about the guy that just won the election, and gave a long victory speech that was pretty much memorized.

He seems less prone to gaffes and senility than Bush Jr, or Sr, though not as energetic as, say, Obama or Bill Clinton.

Yeah, we might end up with premature senility, but he doesn't show signs of it.  He's smoother than all but a handful of his competitors, Republican or Democratic.

I just watched tonight's speech.  It wasn't super-amazing oratory... but it was solid.  It was good.  And it was gaffe-free with no sign of senility.  And miles better than anything out of Trump.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

I mean Biden has been prone to stupid gaffes in the past, and he had some in this election. The hairy legs thing. The you are not really black if you don't vote for me thing. I think he was joking around in both instances but I can never tell.

However since he is following Trump those are not nearly as big of a deal as they used to be.

As far as senility, I don't know. I have a 99 year old great aunt who has no senility at all so I guess it depends if it runs in his family. I don't know. Do you know something Yi?

Richard Hakluyt

My 91-year-old mother-in-law is still completely sharp....unless she is tired, then things can go downhill. Many (most) people never go senile but everyone's energy levels lower with age. I hope that the new president has a workload that doesn't completely knacker him.

celedhring

My 20 or even 30 year old me never imagined I'd become an old fart yearning for politics to be boring.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Barrister on November 08, 2020, 12:00:49 AM
I just watched tonight's speech.  It wasn't super-amazing oratory... but it was solid.  It was good.  And it was gaffe-free with no sign of senility.  And miles better than anything out of Trump.
It was a bit one-tone shouty. But I think we should be sympathetic that he's dealing with novelty of giving a speech to hundreds of cars :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

Soooo.... I just learned Joe Bidens middle name is Robinette. Which in French is apparently a random female version of a tap.
██████
██████
██████

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Tyr on November 08, 2020, 06:31:44 AM
Soooo.... I just learned Joe Bidens middle name is Robinette. Which in French is apparently a random female version of a tap.

Or a female version of Robin.  :P

Zanza

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on November 08, 2020, 04:21:25 AM
My 91-year-old mother-in-law is still completely sharp....unless she is tired, then things can go downhill. Many (most) people never go senile but everyone's energy levels lower with age. I hope that the new president has a workload that doesn't completely knacker him.
There is precedent for taking several hours executive time per day.

garbon

AOC is wasting no time... What's the strategy to force the Republican senate to accept progressives in the cabinet?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/nov/08/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-ends-truce-by-warning-incompetent-democratic-party

QuoteAlexandria Ocasio-Cortez ends truce by warning 'incompetent' Democratic party
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on November 08, 2020, 12:06:56 AM
As far as senility, I don't know. I have a 99 year old great aunt who has no senility at all so I guess it depends if it runs in his family. I don't know. Do you know something Yi?
Both my paternal grandparents suffered from dementia/alzheimer.  I'm quite certain my grandpa had full blown alzheimer but his stupid doc never bothered with a full diagnostic.  He spent nearly 10 years not talking, not recognizing anyone.  My grandma had the same thing.  And I fear my father is losing memory too, but it seems related or at least worst when he becomes stressed.

And my grandma always troubled with names.  She would name all my uncles and my cousins before getting to my name.  My dad is really bad with names, but his nicknames are more generic than Yi ;).  And I also have some problem with names.  I'll need to have a name repeated quite a few times until I can remember it correctly.  I'll remember a phone number right away, after one reading, but I'm always having a hard time remembering to whome it belongs :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.