News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Path of Exile - upcoming F2P Daiablo clone

Started by Syt, September 08, 2011, 12:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Is main story progression shared amongst your characters?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

FunkMonk

No it isnt, but you share the same stash if the characters are in the same league, which makes it a lot easier and smoother to level a new character.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

I've only been able to play a little bit but this new patch makes it feel like a brand new game. Really enjoyed it so far and this patch cements the game as undeniably superior to Diablo 3. Watching the evolution of PoE over the past several years has been remarkable. Other action RPG makers should take notes from GGG.

frunk

Quote from: Berkut on August 12, 2017, 08:59:44 AM
Yeah, I started playing as well. Have a level 11 Hunter. It's fun, but seems kind of brainless.

The combat is generally brainless until you get to the Act 4+ boss fights, depending on build.  The skill comes in designing the character.

FunkMonk

Yeah, PoE is generally regarded as one of the more intelligent ARPGs, especially if you're designing your own build.

frunk

I'm enjoying the new phys/chaos/poison mechanic now, it takes more effort than the old double dipping.  I've been running a Death Harp shooting Caustic Arrow followed by LMP/Tornado Shot to spread Decay.  Shoot those two, run away and watch everything die from DOT.  Just picked up a Tabula Rasa which will let me max that Caustic until I get a 5 or 6 link Chest.

Iormlund

I rerolled as a Hunter now that I know a little bit more about mechanics. I've been cruising so far using the WoW multishot-equivalent. So much faster and easier than my melee Templar (with whom I finished Act IV).

I just attempted Labyrinth at lvl 32. Got thoroughly destroyed by the end boss.  :blush:

frunk

Melee is difficult to play well and play fast.  Toughness is a bit better, but not always enough to compensate for the closer range that is necessary.  Leap Slam or other move based skills are a must.  Pseudo-melee skills like Ice Blades, Earthquake, Sunder and Spectral Throw help a lot, but aren't required.

FunkMonk

Just got to the first new Act with my new toon, a Duelist pure phys ground slammer. Very cool atmosphere and music in the new bits they added. I'm really enjoying the dark aesthetic.

This toon was a little slow rolling at first because I didnt have any leveling gear and I never found any good drops while I was speeding through the first four acts. At the start of Act 4 I traded for a nice mace on poetrade and ran through the the bosses with ease. Things are shaping up well so far.  :)

Trading is fun and easy enough considering it's done entirely 3rd party. I'm only lacking a group to play with that will finally scratch that old Diablo 2 itch.

frunk

Quote from: FunkMonk on August 16, 2017, 10:34:52 PM
I'm only lacking a group to play with that will finally scratch that old Diablo 2 itch.

I only do SSF, but I could create a toon to level up and group a bit.  I wouldn't mind revisiting an Arc Witch to see how the new elemental ailments perform, and playing with a group is something I've never tried.

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

frunk

Quote from: Berkut on August 17, 2017, 11:33:09 AM
What is SSF?

Solo Self-Found.  No trading, no grouping allowed.  When you first create a character you can choose to have that limitation.  At any time you can convert characters from SSF to normal, but not the other way.

FunkMonk

Quote from: frunk on August 17, 2017, 11:11:47 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on August 16, 2017, 10:34:52 PM
I'm only lacking a group to play with that will finally scratch that old Diablo 2 itch.

I only do SSF, but I could create a toon to level up and group a bit.  I wouldn't mind revisiting an Arc Witch to see how the new elemental ailments perform, and playing with a group is something I've never tried.

My gaming time is pretty limited right now but I'll take you up on that in the future.

Iormlund

Just got to Act V. Died quite a few times in the last boss fight. Couldn't quite figure out what was going on. My trusty Siege Ballista took care of things though. :blush:

frunk

Quote from: FunkMonk on August 17, 2017, 06:45:59 PM
My gaming time is pretty limited right now but I'll take you up on that in the future.

I decided to try out the Arc Witch regardless, so last night I got her up to the start of Act 4.