Real RPGs, none of that new fangled computer bullshit

Started by CountDeMoney, June 11, 2017, 10:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Also, the Fellowship of the Ring board game, which I recall being based on the MERP system (it was made by ICE, after all), was freakin awesome.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

Still play GURPS a fair bit - we try to do a Google+ video room on fridays, and saturdays is set aside for a fantasy world that has been ongoing for about 8 years now.  I have mentioned the previous campaign(s) we did for the 20 years prior to that...

We are old, Scott's son is a sophomore in college and plays, and old duffers are in our 50s now.  Still, we have some teens, some 20s, some 30s, one guy in his forties, and us.  I don't think I am going to stop any time soon.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Barrister

Quote from: PDH on June 13, 2017, 09:21:36 PM
Still play GURPS a fair bit - we try to do a Google+ video room on fridays, and saturdays is set aside for a fantasy world that has been ongoing for about 8 years now.  I have mentioned the previous campaign(s) we did for the 20 years prior to that...

We are old, Scott's son is a sophomore in college and plays, and old duffers are in our 50s now.  Still, we have some teens, some 20s, some 30s, one guy in his forties, and us.  I don't think I am going to stop any time soon.

That. Is. Awesome. :worship:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: PDH on June 13, 2017, 09:21:36 PM

Wow PDH you are so cool.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Quote from: Tonitrus on June 13, 2017, 06:52:08 PM
Also, the Fellowship of the Ring board game, which I recall being based on the MERP system (it was made by ICE, after all), was freakin awesome.

It was a great game, played it a lot.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Brain on June 14, 2017, 04:21:16 PM

Some of those ICE MERP modules go for a gold mine these days.

The Brain

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 14, 2017, 04:48:55 PM

I picked up several of those I didn't already have for a pittance in the mid-90s. :smarty:

Tonitrus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 14, 2017, 04:48:55 PM

My brother still has our joint collection (not likely a mint, as the condition of many is questionable...they were quite well-read).  I think the only one we were never able to get was the original Umbar: Haven of the Corsairs.

I am pretty sure our copy of the FotR boardgame is among the worst (and scattered mostly to the winds).

Ed Anger

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

I've seen Seedy's character sheets. Chicks with dicks.

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger