News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Off the Record / Re: The adventures of AI Faceb...
Last post by The Brain - March 27, 2024, 02:20:51 AM
I am grateful that these days you don't have to wonder what twisted mind created abominations like these. Also, I got stomach pain from laughing.
Off the Record / Re: Stocks and Trading Thread ...
Last post by garbon - March 27, 2024, 02:10:59 AM
Quote from: Tonitrus on March 26, 2024, 09:51:10 PMTempted to toss a token amount into DJT as a very cynical investment move...on the idea that when roughly 40-45% of the population are suckers...profit???  :hmm:

Why don't you buy one of his new God bless America bibles?
Off the Record / Re: Baltimore bridge collapses...
Last post by The Brain - March 27, 2024, 02:10:13 AM
You sometimes see protective arrangements around bridges to keep an errant ship from striking an actual pillar. What determines if you put those in place? I wouldn't have been surprised if this major bridge near a major port had been protected like that, but I can also see a number of possible reasons for not doing it.
Gaming HQ / Re: Baldur's Gate 3 announced
Last post by Syt - March 27, 2024, 01:44:32 AM
Slowly making my way through Act 3 (couple hours on the weekend). If nothing else, it's remarkable that even though I'm still on my first playthrough I keep coming back to move onwards (as opposed to dropping the game for a year and starting over, as I usually do with "big story games"). :P

Had a big ROFL moment last weekend, when a boss battle goes all in on the soundtrack, giving it the full Disney villain song treatment. Unexpected but oh so appropriate. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gaming HQ / Re: Cities:Skylines
Last post by Syt - March 27, 2024, 01:42:19 AM
I've not tried since launch, but with the new patch out I thought I'd give it a quick whirl. Well, performance isn't near as bad as it was at release. But I only built like a little basic settlement and didn't expand much. Also not much drawn to city builders at the moment, but eventually this might be good, actually?
Off the Record / Re: The Off Topic Topic
Last post by Syt - March 27, 2024, 01:28:29 AM
Today's one of those days where I regret getting one of those historical anniversary desk calendars ....

:x
Off the Record / Re: Israel-Hamas War 2023
Last post by Syt - March 27, 2024, 01:23:26 AM
Reminds me of an old German comedy song about a truck driver carrying 120 pigs to Beirut, only to realize they don't eat pork (it's less xenophobic than it sounds :P ).
Gaming HQ / Re: New Paradox Tinto Game? EU...
Last post by Syt - March 27, 2024, 01:21:28 AM
That said, I think there's a reason why I play other games over EU4. (And keep in mind, that's personal preference, YMMV substantially :P )

- CK3: Sure, you can play it as a mappainter. But you can also lean more into the RP aspects. Or you can set your own goals. And it's a game where if you have a streak of bad luck and lose some of your lands you can often still make a comeback.
- Stellaris: Sure, at the end it's mostly a map painter with a sagging mid/late game. However, the customization options the game gives you in creating your faction and playing to its character keep me quite interested (incidentally, same reason why I got hooked on AoW4 when it came out).
- Victoria 3: Sure, it's a game about map painting (if not directly through conquest/subjects then at least through markets), but at least it's attempting to somewhat model the societal change of the 19th and early 20th century, giving you some freedom in what you want to do. Communist Britain? Theocratic American Monarchy? Progressive liberal Austria-Hungary? You're welcome to try. It's flawed, but I enjoy it.

EU4 doesn't click for me in nearly the same way.

If EU5 moves more towards that direction, then maybe I can get back into it?
Gaming HQ / Re: New Paradox Tinto Game? EU...
Last post by Syt - March 27, 2024, 12:00:47 AM
Quote from: Valmy on March 26, 2024, 10:11:17 PMThe problem is CK2 was following CK and was much better than CK right at launch. CK3 on the other hand...I still prefer CK2.

I can't go back to CK2. The UI hasn't aged well, and call me shallow, but I miss the 3d rulers and more engaging map. (Not to mention kinda half baked systems that were introduced and then never really updated, like merchant republics, or OP systems like bloodlines and secret societies.) YMMV :)
Off the Record / Re: The adventures of AI Faceb...
Last post by Razgovory - March 26, 2024, 11:44:16 PM
Okay, got some more.  There are bunch of shark ones lately.  Probably inspired by the Sermon to the Sharks in Mark.

Here's Jesus being eaten by a shark and pulling someone in.  Maybe it's a transubstation thing.

By our powers combined!

No comment

And nobody finds this odd

Jesus meets the Thing

Kinda of a wickerman thing going on here.  Also a giant bug

I think Jesus borrowed his ride in this one

Jesus is wearing a shark and trying to catch the bus.

Sharkmen and Tigermen

I'm not certain Jesus is in this one.

Jesus and a monster save transJesus

Yeti Jesus on the beach

Jesus saves Jesus

Jesus his wife and son and his flying sheep

Jesus is ripped

Big Jesus

This one is really shitty 

Not Jesus but an AI Trump supporter truck

Jesus gets all the hos

This one is a pro-Palestinian one.  It has break dancing IDF and a guy protecting Al-Aqsa.  It's fairly representative of what people think is going on over there

Finally, Jesus as a shark

He tore her in half!  

Sometimes I get Muslim ones.  They don't make sense either.