News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Youtube Recommendations

Started by mongers, June 10, 2012, 07:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Yahtzee's first post-Zero Punctuation's review. Basically still the same, but updated art style. And he can swear more.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Darth Wagtaros

If you like horror The Oldest View is decent.  The last one made me scream at least once.
PDH!

Syt

If anyone wants someone talking about books, mainly fantasy and sci-fi, in a voice that can comfortably put you to sleep, then check out this guy's channel.

I'm not big into Steampunk, but him going back to the roots of the genre had me more interested than I expected.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

grumbler

Quote from: Syt on December 03, 2023, 02:36:12 AMIf anyone wants someone talking about books, mainly fantasy and sci-fi, in a voice that can comfortably put you to sleep, then check out this guy's channel.

I'm not big into Steampunk, but him going back to the roots of the genre had me more interested than I expected.

Interesting, but it's curious that he only passingly mentions cyberpunk as an inspiration for steampunk.

I'd agree with his conclusion that steampunk isn't as good now that it is mainstream (or, perhaps, that it's simply much harder to find good steampunk amid the noise).
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

frunk

Dunno if anybody else has been following the Billy Mitchell craziness but I found this just under 4 hour documentary immensely entertaining. 
"Never before has a man lied so much for the sake of achieving so little."

Jacob

frunk

Quote from: Jacob on December 10, 2023, 07:13:31 PMWhat's the story?

Back in the 80s Billy Mitchell got the high score in Donkey Kong, then in the early 2000s there was a documentary about him and other players that beat that record called King of Kong.  After that point he set a couple more records at Donkey Kong on "original hardware".  Several years later it was proved that the later records, including one at the end of the documentary, were set on MAME.  The records were removed once it became indisputable.  He's been denying that it was on emulated hardware and suing bunches of people for defamation.  Now there was a deposition earlier this year that is rather hilarious for an inveterate liar.

Once interesting is the thoroughness of the evidence, the vehemence of Billy Mitchell's denial, his lies about other things (like being proclaimed the Video Gamer of the Century), the intersection with online confusion about the whole matter and the pointlessness of it all considering the records have been thoroughly surpassed by others.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

Seems to be quite a hot debate but according to this guy...Italian food is actually American

██████
██████
██████

HVC

Chalk up a victory for garbon in his fight against protected regions
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Jacob

Quote from: frunk on December 10, 2023, 08:28:35 PM
Quote from: Jacob on December 10, 2023, 07:13:31 PMWhat's the story?

Back in the 80s Billy Mitchell got the high score in Donkey Kong, then in the early 2000s there was a documentary about him and other players that beat that record called King of Kong.  After that point he set a couple more records at Donkey Kong on "original hardware".  Several years later it was proved that the later records, including one at the end of the documentary, were set on MAME.  The records were removed once it became indisputable.  He's been denying that it was on emulated hardware and suing bunches of people for defamation.  Now there was a deposition earlier this year that is rather hilarious for an inveterate liar.

Once interesting is the thoroughness of the evidence, the vehemence of Billy Mitchell's denial, his lies about other things (like being proclaimed the Video Gamer of the Century), the intersection with online confusion about the whole matter and the pointlessness of it all considering the records have been thoroughly surpassed by others.

Thanks!

What a world  :lol:

HVC

He has a bunch of interesting facts shorts.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

FunkMonk

Haven't seen SNL in many years but this was actually pretty good  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Admiral Yi

Laboratory chicken tastes pretty good but currently takes more energy to create than legacy chicken.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7Yo2rLxmDg