News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: The Larch on June 18, 2022, 06:38:12 AMNot even Scarlett Johansson and Natalie Portman in frilly dresses can save it?

I'm a big fan of that strapped down cleavage look and wish it would come back.  But no, couldn't save it.

Trying Emily in Paris.  Young Gen Whatever marketing up and comer takes big job in Paris, can't speak French.  Many yucks ensue. 

I generally like this American lost overseas or foreigner lost in America genre, but the main problem with this particular entrant so far is the heroine is neither likeable or interesting.

FunkMonk

Watched The Northman. Metal as fuck  :punk:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

The Larch

Paul Haggis (Crash, Million Dollar Baby) arrested in Italy for sexual abuse.

Josquius

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 18, 2022, 01:08:58 PM
Quote from: The Larch on June 18, 2022, 06:38:12 AMNot even Scarlett Johansson and Natalie Portman in frilly dresses can save it?

I'm a big fan of that strapped down cleavage look and wish it would come back.  But no, couldn't save it.

Trying Emily in Paris.  Young Gen Whatever marketing up and comer takes big job in Paris, can't speak French.  Many yucks ensue. 

I generally like this American lost overseas or foreigner lost in America genre, but the main problem with this particular entrant so far is the heroine is neither likeable or interesting.

Seen Ted lasso? :)
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

Admiral Yi

Quote from: The Larch on June 19, 2022, 01:58:41 PMGive it a try, it's exactly what you described.

If it's not on Netflix, it's only clips for me.

Darth Wagtaros

I might check out Ted Lasso.

Em in Paris is supposed ot be as popular because it is awful as anything else.

PDH!

Berkut

Ted Lasso is excellent.

Emily in Paris is....not.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Sheilbh

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on June 20, 2022, 11:52:14 AMI might check out Ted Lasso.

Yeah I saw a lot of hate-watching/taking the piss out of it. Not so much genuinely liking it :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 20, 2022, 11:55:57 AM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on June 20, 2022, 11:52:14 AMI might check out Ted Lasso.

Yeah I saw a lot of hate-watching/taking the piss out of it. Not so much genuinely liking it :lol:

It's why I watched a few episodes.
But a girl I know genuinely liked it which.... Well. Its why she's just a distant friend.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Christopher Robin showing some Jedi swordsmanship skills. :P

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Berkut

I'm trying to imagine a scenario where such a move would ever be useful.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Syt

Star Wars operates on rule of cool much more than things being sensible. Not sure about the Pooh Cinematic Universe. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

Deflecting blaster shots maybe.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?