News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 14, 2022, 09:40:58 AMAmazing thread on the Russian media's meltdown over not being in Eurovision :lol:
https://twitter.com/irgarner/status/1525482730699509762?s=21&t=DFigvRyUXA9h0xBbfBRlhw

Particularly enjoyed the suggestion that they should nuke Eurovision :blink:

I'm 100% behind the guy proposing they create their own version of it. I think it would be quite something  :lol:

Josquius

I'm actually up for nuking eurovision.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Josquius on May 14, 2022, 11:40:32 AMI'm actually up for nuking eurovision.

What did Sheilbh do to you to make you hate him so?  :(
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sheilbh

Quote from: celedhring on May 14, 2022, 09:50:08 AMI'm 100% behind the guy proposing they create their own version of it. I think it would be quite something  :lol:
I would be very tempted to watch :blush:

Also I can't believe no-one's having a "are we the bad guys?" moment when they're saying "we should launch our Satan missiles".
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Jesus Christ, Switzerland. How did this get through? <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on May 14, 2022, 09:50:08 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on May 14, 2022, 09:40:58 AMAmazing thread on the Russian media's meltdown over not being in Eurovision :lol:
https://twitter.com/irgarner/status/1525482730699509762?s=21&t=DFigvRyUXA9h0xBbfBRlhw

Particularly enjoyed the suggestion that they should nuke Eurovision :blink:

I'm 100% behind the guy proposing they create their own version of it. I think it would be quite something  :lol:

With blackjack and hookers?

Josephus

What a surprise...Ukraine.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 12, 2022, 04:35:27 PM
Quote from: Barrister on May 12, 2022, 04:00:54 PMReviews are out for Top Gun 2, and they're... really good?

Another film production, specifically altered to appease the motherfucking People's Republic of student-killing China. Fuck them.

I'll give my money to Tom for his little Scientology hobby every now and then, but fuck Paramount for sucking Beijing cock for the sake of their market. Of all the fucking people.
Word.
PDH!

Josquius

Spiderman no way home.

Well it's nice and fan servicey to see all the old characters about doing their stuff.

Dr octopus aged well. Toby McGuire on the other hand seems to have had a bad drug problem.

Lots of nice wink wink moments like black spiderman from the guy I forgot, and pointing out the silliness of McGuires Web powers.

I'm not getting the end though. Why go all donnie darko. Surely there's an obvious solution they missed - the original spell was forget Peter Parker is spiderman.... So rather than forget Peter Parker why not forget spiderman?
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

The She-Hulk trailer looks... not good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Cdtd92uw6c&ab_channel=MovieCoverage

The SFX looks like somebody was planning a trip to uncanny valley but called it off and instead spent the day smoking weed.

Sheilbh

Oh no. Some of that is very not great.

It feels like they need to do a Sonic and have another go at this.
Let's bomb Russia!

Barrister

Quote from: celedhring on May 18, 2022, 11:18:09 AMThe She-Hulk trailer looks... not good.

The SFX looks like somebody was planning a trip to uncanny valley but called it off and instead spent the day smoking weed.

I thought it looked okay, and the series isn't coming out for a couple more months so they have time to further refine the CGI.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

viper37

Quote from: celedhring on May 18, 2022, 11:18:09 AMThe She-Hulk trailer looks... not good.

Quick look at Wikipedia, She Hulk appears to be twice the size of Jennifer Walters in the source material.  In the movie, she is a tad larger than her regular self, and 3x times less big than the original Hulk.  Oh, well.  Might pass this one.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josquius

I'm still fascinated how Hulk sequels *happened* without actually being made. Professor hulk just appears one day
██████
██████
██████

Barrister

Quote from: Josquius on May 18, 2022, 01:40:26 PMI'm still fascinated how Hulk sequels *happened* without actually being made. Professor hulk just appears one day

MCU doesn't have the rights to a solo Hulk movie, which is why he only shows up in ensemble Avengers movies, or with Thor (and now She-Hulk).
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.