And we're back!

Main Menu

Best User Review Ever - Valheim

Started by Berkut, September 16, 2021, 09:55:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

The Brain

I will likely be on today late evening(Euro)/early evening(Eastern NA). :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

So much copper, so many trolls, so little tin. :weep:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Quote from: garbon on May 12, 2022, 04:06:17 PMSo much copper, so many trolls, so little tin. :weep:

I have some tin to spare if you want. And/or we could do a tin mining expedition. :)

The Brain

Quote from: The Brain on May 12, 2022, 04:37:08 PM
Quote from: garbon on May 12, 2022, 04:06:17 PMSo much copper, so many trolls, so little tin. :weep:

I have some tin to spare if you want. And/or we could do a tin mining expedition. :)

I made a tin mining run to the far northeast. I put the ore I found in your metals chest. Thanks to my Rested timer I know it took me exactly 16 minutes. :)

The Brain

Berk, very nice lighthouse. :) I'm thinking about building a jetty north of it and keeping a boat there.

Berkut

Quote from: The Brain on May 12, 2022, 05:15:26 PMBerk, very nice lighthouse. :) I'm thinking about building a jetty north of it and keeping a boat there.
I was actually thinking kind of a marina along that coast there....

0 rows returned

garbon

Quote from: The Brain on May 12, 2022, 05:14:05 PM
Quote from: The Brain on May 12, 2022, 04:37:08 PM

I made a tin mining run to the far northeast. I put the ore I found in your metals chest. Thanks to my Rested timer I know it took me exactly 16 minutes. :)

:w00t:

Thank you!

Making my tin ahead of work :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

About the ward (statue) in the map building: when active it works as a lock and burglar alarm. Players not on the statue's list will find doors locked, and it gives an alarm if anyone (player or monster) is attacking nearby structures. It has a range that is longer than say a workbench, but it doesn't reach garbon's house or mine. As its builder I can activate and deactivate the statue, and it is currently inactive. While inactive you guys can get on its list by using it (garb has already done so).

I mainly put it there as decoration. Since we're all on the same team the lock doesn't serve much of a purpose, and if a monster is attacking the building you often notice anyway. But when active the statue looks a bit cooler with some glowing effects. I won't activate it until more people are on the list though, so no one is locked out of the map building.

The Brain

Since tin can be a bit hard to find with the closest Black Forest beaches picked clean, I put some tin ore in my Free Stuff chests. Anyone can use it, but I'm primarily thinking of people who are not Berkut, since my guess is he can find tin on his sea voyages...

Berkut

Yes, I have plenty of tin - I did a voyage where I got like 40 of it. I can donate some if people need it. I am pretty much copper constrained!

Sea voayges are fun.

Note to self: repair ship always before departing.

0 rows returned

Berkut

I am going to be looking to hunt down the Elder here pretty soon. Does anyone need help killing Eikthyr again?

0 rows returned

Berkut

Since we have this nice big map room, how about we make that the communal stuff area as well? I moved all my "Please Use" stuff into that building. There is some troll armor, weapons, and a shield or two there if anyone wants it.

0 rows returned

garbon

I rafted across the small channel where I saw a skeleton chase a deer into the sea. I built a small outpost.