News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Star Trek Picard and Strange New Worlds

Started by Josephus, January 23, 2020, 11:45:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Helpful timeline for where SNW fits in:

Looks like they have a decent amount of free room for a couple of seasons. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

viper37

Quote from: Syt on May 07, 2022, 12:49:12 AMKore could have made a decent addition to the crew, but yeah - give her something bigger and better. I suppose they're making some room on the roster for Season 3, and the return of the old main cast. I just hope that the show will have more meaningful plot to fill its runtime, and not stretch it out to breaking point.

Well, we have the android from the future that looks exactly like her! :P

I did like SNW, strange, as I had developped a dislike for episodic tv shows.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josephus

Quote from: Syt on May 08, 2022, 12:00:53 PMLooks like they have a decent amount of free room for a couple of seasons. :)

And if they need more, a rupture in the space time continuum can come in handy.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

crazy canuck

Quote from: viper37 on May 08, 2022, 01:35:57 PM
Quote from: Syt on May 07, 2022, 12:49:12 AMKore could have made a decent addition to the crew, but yeah - give her something bigger and better. I suppose they're making some room on the roster for Season 3, and the return of the old main cast. I just hope that the show will have more meaningful plot to fill its runtime, and not stretch it out to breaking point.

So did I.  I think it is because that captain is very good.

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 09, 2022, 03:21:58 PM
Quote from: viper37 on May 08, 2022, 01:35:57 PM

So did I.  I think it is because that captain is very good.
Yeah, Anson Mount was great in that far west show too.  :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

FunkMonk

I finally watched the Deep Space 9 documentary, What We Left Behind.

:cry:

Also, I loved how they read out the hate mail they received  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Syt

Really liked the new episode. Though I'm starting to think the tone might be a bit *too* flippant? :D Feels a bit more Farscape or Firefly. I'm not saying we have to go back to the stodgy, stick in the mud Federation of TNG Seasons 1 and 2. Or maybe I'm not used to that tone in Trek outside of Lower Decks. :P

Escapist (of all places) had a decent look at how Star Trek, largely, retreats into nostalgia:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

crazy canuck

What is wrong with Firefly

Syt

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 13, 2022, 12:53:38 AMWhat is wrong with Firefly

Nothing? :unsure:

Just not used to such flippant tone from live action Trek. :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josephus

New Star Trek is reminding me a bit of early seasons of Stargate before it went all "Gua Uld" or whatever that race was called. Explore, come across new races, etc.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Tamas

You guys discussing something else than Star Trek Picard in the Star Trek Picard thread disturbs me.

Syt

Maybe Josephus could be convinced to rename the thread. :)
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

celedhring

Didn't we have an actual Star Trek thread?

Maladict