News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on May 12, 2022, 03:37:10 AMI'm surprised there aren't any Ukrainian flags at the Florida home games.  You'd think it'd be. A great way to taunt the caps.

They have their own Russians.

Though a tractor pulling Ovechkin around would sum up the last two games.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on May 12, 2022, 08:47:05 AM
Quote from: HVC on May 12, 2022, 03:37:10 AMI'm surprised there aren't any Ukrainian flags at the Florida home games.  You'd think it'd be. A great way to taunt the caps.

They have their own Russians.

Though a tractor pulling Ovechkin around would sum up the last two games.

:secret:

Barkov is Finnish.

Looking at their roster the Panthers only have one Russian player - Maxim Mamin.  Mamin has only played in 1 game so far in the playoffs, with total icetime of 9:35, so I don't think they're too worried about offending him.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Barkov's father is Russian!

Anyway the Caps were as successful at holding their lead as Ovechkin's buddy Putin was at taking Kharkiv.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on May 12, 2022, 09:59:56 PMFucking leafs

Yeah I had a bad feeling about that series. I will be shocked if the Lightning don't win game 7, but here's hoping.

viper37

Quote from: HVC on May 12, 2022, 09:59:56 PMFucking leafs
What?  They like playing hockey and want that moment to last, that's all. ;)

they had excellent opportunities to score in OT while the Lightning was shooting for the sake of shooting.  I'm not sure they can rely on such luck all along the series, should they beat TO in game 7.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Quote from: Barrister on May 11, 2022, 12:53:02 PM*bump*

So NHL playoffs...  Edmonton Oilers are now down 3 games to 2 against the LA Kings, in a series the Oilers were expected to dominate.

I have to admit I'm conflicted.  On the one hand I live in Edmonton, tons of people I know love the Oilers, and they would be very happy if they win this series.

On the other hand - I hate the Oilers.  Always have, ever since I was a kid.

:hmm:

Oilers take it to game 7.  :mellow:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Josephus

Leafs will win tonight.   :)
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on May 13, 2022, 11:21:35 PMSorry Valmy.

Another OT playoff game, another loss. Such as it always is.

Hard to believe just a few nights ago they almost went up 3-1 on the Panthers. Sigh.

HVC

Grey Fox

Good god, they fail again.

:lol:

John Tavares was such a bad signing. Not because he's bad but because he can never be good enough for the havoc his cap hit does to the Leafs cap. He takes the place of 4 other potential goal scorer while barely scoring above replacement level.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Quote from: HVC on May 14, 2022, 08:48:26 PMLe sigh.
Bad 1st round for my Languish friends.

Sorry Valmy :console: , Sorry HVC.  :console:

Pittsburgh is tied 3-3 with Rangers.  But I don't care for them as much as I used to.  Don't care that much about playoff hockey anymore, I don't really know why.  Ah, well.  Gives more time for other things.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

HVC

Probably because it's in the summer. My nhl watching has been hit or miss the last few years too

Josephus

Fuck man, I'm 56, don't have much more time left. C'mon Leafs, let's do it in my lifetime.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011