News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

I TOLD YOU SO!

Started by Barrister, May 31, 2011, 10:27:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

i mostly just pick on the jets to mess with BB, i'm glad there's another Canadian team. just would have preferred the Nordiques come back before the jets :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Jacob

I too am happy for BB :cheers:

Barrister

https://twitter.com/i/status/1392517745598627841

If anyone has 5 minutes to kill, embedded in the video above is a short video specifically about the May 31, 2011 announcement of the return of the Jets.  Because this is the 10th season (and because some of the Jets people have no as much work to do with no fans in the building) they've made a series of videos player during the first intermission setting out various Jets 2.0 highlights.  This one is about the announcement.  It includes quotes from (amongst others)  Gary Bettman, and Jets owners Mark Chipman and David Thomson.  Thomson in particular is ultra-secretive (Canada's richest man, and also the third Baron of Fleet) and this is literally the second time I've ever heard him speak about the Jets - with the first being on May 31, 2011.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

And here is the 11th anniversary. :cool:

Barrister

12th anniversary.   :showoff:

crazy canuck

My annual "I was wrong" post.

Rex Francorum

Isn't there question to relocate the team?  :D
To rent

HVC

Quote from: Barrister on May 31, 2023, 09:42:36 AM12th anniversary.   :showoff:

12 Years? LV is half that and has been stanly cup contenders. What's your excuse?

:P kidding. Congrats.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Rex Francorum on June 01, 2023, 02:09:33 PMIsn't there question to relocate the team?  :D
Nah.  The old franchise is moving from Arizona, possibly, but not BB's team. :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Quote from: HVC on June 01, 2023, 02:12:52 PM
Quote from: Barrister on May 31, 2023, 09:42:36 AM12th anniversary.   :showoff:

12 Years? LV is half that and has been stanly cup contenders. What's your excuse?

:P kidding. Congrats.

Las Vegas is my excuse.  Those fuckers, eliminated the Jets twice from the playoffs. :ultra: