I'm working remotely from home
49 (59.8%)
I've been laid off
9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Savonarola

Working from home; at our facility here everyone but the lab rats had their badge deactivated (:o).  Our factories in New York got special permission to operate at 25% capacity.  Almost all our European facilities are completely shut down.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Valmy

Quote from: Oexmelin on March 24, 2020, 05:27:23 PM
You know how it works though. Fox will start churning out the idea that we need to save America's economy. Trump will be nasty and tie compliance to all sorts of things. Republican governors will overturn the lockdowns, and they will have the support of a sizeable chunk of the population.

We'll see. Our Governor is a bit of an oddball and kind of does his own thing unlike our Lt Gov. 
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sheilbh

Quote from: merithyn on March 24, 2020, 05:27:34 PM
I guess I should be proud that in general they're self-sufficient?  :P
My mum always says she wishes she'd raised me to be less independent and needier :lol:

I'm WFH - as is the entire firm I think.

I don't do litigation much but the courts here are experimenting with video conferencing. Seen some barristers say it's very weird to get a judgment in your favour handed down from the Court of Appeal while you're sat in you living room.
Let's bomb Russia!

PDH

My mom, an ex head surgical nurse who is now 82, retreated up to her ridge 1200 feet above the Coastal Highway in Big Sur back at the end of Feb.  She has friends who can bring food up to a stop about halfway to her house - she drives down from there to get it.

As far as I know she has not had any contact in well over a month.  Face to face contact.  I do get 300 emails a day and 14000 whatsapp messages, but that is okay.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

merithyn

Quote from: PDH on March 24, 2020, 05:40:46 PM

As far as I know she has not had any contact in well over a month.  Face to face contact.  I do get 300 emails a day and 14000 whatsapp messages, but that is okay.

:wub:

Your mom sounds amazing.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Sheilbh

My mom, an ex head surgical nurse who is now 82, retreated up to her ridge 1200 feet above the Coastal Highway in Big Sur back at the end of Feb.  She has friends who can bring food up to a stop about halfway to her house - she drives down from there to get it.

:lol:

After two days of lockdown I got a message from my mum: "the real risk for your dad isn't coronavirus. It's me with a pillow"

So I assume it's going well.
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

Resourceful far-sighted lady.  :cool:

She need to be bringing you into the world.  :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

HisMajestyBOB

I started working from home last Wednesday. My work is basically the same working remote as it was in the office, except the coffee sucks here and my chair is an uncomfortable piece of IKEA crap. My boss said I could stop by the office and bring home my office chair, but I don't think I could fit it easily into my car and it would be a pain to bring it home and eventually bring it back. Our office is still technically open and there's one or two people working there instead of from home.

Caffe Ladro has free shipping on two bags of coffee and Raven's Brew is offering free shipping period, so I will soon solve my coffee problem.

My work is hardly important, yet I can work at home and collect a paycheck with minimal health risk. It's bullshit.

PDH, I have several extra bottles of hand sanitizer. If you want some, let me know and I'll send you some. It's only 62% alcohol, but probably better than nothing.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

saskganesh

Essential and not in quotes. I work in a homeless shelter established by the patrician Massey family. Walking to work daily. I just got an extension and increase in hours. We've had staffing issues because of fear and illness, so we had six temps in the kitchen today. They are all good to great.

Happy I am not working at home. Very Happy. Bindir Dundat.
humans were created in their own image

Grey Fox

I will be working from home until I have somewhere to send my kids to. Right now, that is not until may.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

mongers

Quote from: saskganesh on March 24, 2020, 07:24:39 PM
Essential and not in quotes. I work in a homeless shelter established by the patrician Massey family. Walking to work daily. I just got an extension and increase in hours. We've had staffing issues because of fear and illness, so we had six temps in the kitchen today. They are all good to great.

Happy I am not working at home. Very Happy. Bindir Dundat.

:cool:

Good on you Sasks, keep up the good work.

I used to work with the homeless, at times challenging, but I can't imagine the extra pressure the virus is putting on peoples situations and on those helping them. 

fromtia

I like the sound of your mom a lot. Is there any way we can put her in charge?

My mums a retired nurse as well.  :)
"Just be nice" - James Dalton, Roadhouse.

PDH

Quote from: fromtia on March 24, 2020, 07:34:59 PM

Mom doesn't pull too many punches.  When I told her a couple of weeks ago that any visits for the near future were out she told me, "good, I was pretty sure you weren't dumb enough to do that."

She actually figures she may well get it, but she wants to get it after the curve is dropping and the hospital system is more back to normal.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

mongers

Quote from: PDH on March 24, 2020, 07:48:34 PM
Quote from: fromtia on March 24, 2020, 07:34:59 PM

Mom doesn't pull too many punches.  When I told her a couple of weeks ago that any visits for the near future were out she told me, "good, I was pretty sure you weren't dumb enough to do that."

She actually figures she may well get it, but she wants to get it after the curve is dropping and the hospital system is more back to normal.

Yes that's the sort of cool, logical calculation a lot of people need to be making.

I'm fairly sure most of us here on Languish will get it, eventually.

Camerus

My employer makes me go to the office once a week just because. Otherwise I work from home the other 4 days.  I'm still luckier than most.