News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Star Trek Picard and Strange New Worlds

Started by Josephus, January 23, 2020, 11:45:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

So it's prime time line after the kelvin movies. Interesting.
I see hints of brexit in the message it is giving.

Borg cube is very curious. They're really going for the end of history vibes here.
██████
██████
██████

viper37

Enterprise was slow to start, but became ok by the end.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

KRonn

This is on Amazon, right? I see also CBS all access or something. I may check it out on Amazon but to be honest, I really haven't watched much of Amazon stuff since getting my first smart TV about six months ago. Some good stuff there but I watch enough TV with other shows.

ulmont

Quote from: KRonn on January 26, 2020, 09:11:02 PM
This is on Amazon, right? I see also CBS all access or something. I may check it out on Amazon but to be honest, I really haven't watched much of Amazon stuff since getting my first smart TV about six months ago. Some good stuff there but I watch enough TV with other shows.

No, it's on CBS All Access.

Syt

It's on Amazon outside of the US (North America?).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

Quote from: Syt on January 26, 2020, 11:46:09 PM
It's on Amazon outside of the US (North America?).

It's on Crave TV, not Amazon, in Canada.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tamas

It's on Amazon Prime over here.

I am not saying it does not have promise after Episode 1, but I have already seen the movie Logan, so I am not too thrilled about its TV version.

garbon

Given KRonn is in the US all the rest past ulmont seems like an unnecessary gloat/clarification. ;)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

KRonn

Quote from: ulmont on January 26, 2020, 09:36:26 PM
Quote from: KRonn on January 26, 2020, 09:11:02 PM

No, it's on CBS All Access.

Ok, thks for the info.  :) 

crazy canuck

Second episode put more meat on the bones.  I liked the [spoiler]Bulterian Jihad vibe[/spoiler]. 

Josephus

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 31, 2020, 12:32:19 PM
Second episode put more meat on the bones.  I liked the [spoiler]Bulterian Jihad vibe[/spoiler].

It wasn't a "great" episode though. I preferred the first one. But it was a necessary evil episode, full of necessary exposition that's gonna get to the crux of the rising action.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

celedhring

I liked it. It had less character moments than the first episode, but at the same time the plotting was less in your face and successfully managed to make the conspiracy feel interesting.

dps

Quote from: Caliga on January 24, 2020, 10:04:03 AM
I'm rewatching all of TNG and probably the TNG-era movies before I watch Picard. :sleep:

Same here, and I'm in no particular hurry about it.  At the very least, I'm going to wait until it's legally available in the US without subscribing to CBS All Access just to check this out.

TBH, while Patrick Stewart seems very happy to be playing Picard again, and that's a very promising sign, I have no faith in anyone to produce good Trek anymore.

Grey Fox

Watching TNG is always fun but not really prerequisite for Picard.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.